Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2014 TT & 2012 TT
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I have never done an intro nor do I post but I always enjoy reading this forum and looking at the trucks. I bought my first, a new 12TT to replace my almost perfect 87 FJ60...hence the name. My wife was driving a 97 FZJ80, also very clean and decided she liked my red FJ. I took the LC which I loved a decided I would buy the 14TTUE when it was released. I bought it from my same dealer In Wisconsin and he held true to our agreed upon price even when it was reported that the TTUE's would be the last of the domestic FJ's. We will be celebrating our 50th anniversary next June and we still love our cars. One of the biggest benefits is that you can always spot your car in the parking lot as they look like nothing else. Most cars of today look alike. We also drive a 1965 VW Beetle which was what I drove for a daily when we first started dating. It's funny, the bug looks like a matchbox car in the garage next to the FJ'S, hard to believe I drove one as a daily especially through the Wisconsin winters. Nice being carefree and young! Any way, just thought it was neat to have another couple with the same cars as us. I have never posted pics and I am not on any social media, our kids finally convinced us to buy a cellphone, If I ever decide to learn to post pics, I would love to do so. And to pay a compliment, this is the most well mannered and respectful site of any I have viewed, I look at guitars and trucks. Congratulations and both of you enjoy your trucks!
Hey Rick,

Thank you for such a nice message. I have been in the LC world a long time, having grown up in it. Been a MUD member over 20 years now. Attached is my wife's 60 that was sold earlier this year. It went to London, England.

My white 62 is going to Bring a trailer soon, will definitely miss it.

Small world that you have a RED TT and TTUE. Funny you mentioned cars look alike, thats what my wife keeps saying. I wanted her to get a Heritage Edition 200 series, but she says it looks like many Toyotas on the road (don't tell the MUD guys that), so she wouldn't get that.

I have a 67 Mini Cooper S 1275 (hearing your bug story - I am mentioning it), my dad bought it brand new, and I have had it since his passing. Get a thumbs up anywhere I go, and is a joy to drive. I daily drove it many years as well, though my climate is much more forgiving than yours!

Thank you for your kind words. Its a great site, I have met many of the people here in person, and they have been nothing but fantastic!

Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Car Vehicle

Tire Wheel Sky Car Vehicle

·
Registered
19 Posts
Well, I have to reply to this one! That is a beautiful 60!! I still consider getting another and checked with Elite Cruisers. I am also a fan of the minis, and it sounds like you have an especially nice one. My 60 was the Royal Blue color, I have forgotten what it was called. It was actually in an issue of Toyota trails. I had every issue since 1993 and gave them to another younger TOYOTA guy when we moved but kept the issue with my truck. We drove a Heritage edition as well...our dealer offered to buy my TTUE for of course, more than we paid. I told him the only cars I would consider would be the LC or a Tundra TRD PRO. We drove the LC as I said, but we can't seem to part with the FJ's! Those LC's have skyrocketed in price as well, pricing these days is crazy on everything.

·
Registered
2014 TT & 2012 TT
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Well, I have to reply to this one! That is a beautiful 60!! I still consider getting another and checked with Elite Cruisers. I am also a fan of the minis, and it sounds like you have an especially nice one. My 60 was the Royal Blue color, I have forgotten what it was called. It was actually in an issue of Toyota trails. I had every issue since 1993 and gave them to another younger TOYOTA guy when we moved but kept the issue with my truck. We drove a Heritage edition as well...our dealer offered to buy my TTUE for of course, more than we paid. I told him the only cars I would consider would be the LC or a Tundra TRD PRO. We drove the LC as I said, but we can't seem to part with the FJ's! Those LC's have skyrocketed in price as well, pricing these days is crazy on everything.
Thank you very much Rick. I do love my 60/62s. Yeah my mini is pretty mint. I did some restoration on it, but I drive it all the time. Graham at Heritage Garage did some of the upgrades to get it to 1380 about 3 years ago.

I had a 87 Royal Blue 60. Mint. I sold it on Bring a trailer last year. People love that colour and the red.

The LC200 is great. THe Heritage edition is really nice, but visually to me it doesn't feel special enough (if that makes sense).

Well update to the thread, is, plane tickets are bought. I need to change planes twice to go to middle of nowhere Idaho. Seller told me he has a black and a white grille for the TTUE, and I can have both. Looking forward to the drive back. Tuesday can't come soon enough!!!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Spent the day negotiating on a few TTUE. Pulled the trigger. 1 owner. All stock. 28K miles. Now the wait begins. Pick up in Idaho on 11/29 (one way flight to middle of nowhere), and drive it back.

Owner bought it new, 74 years old. Wife can't get up to the FJC anymore. They bought a RAV4 Hybrid.

SUPER excited for it. Love my 12 Red TT, but TTUE is getting inside garage space

Will update with pics on drive back.

Just wanted to share the excitement with forum friends. Hope everyone has a nice Thanksgiving
You need a bigger garage!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Spent the day negotiating on a few TTUE. Pulled the trigger. 1 owner. All stock. 28K miles. Now the wait begins. Pick up in Idaho on 11/29 (one way flight to middle of nowhere), and drive it back.

Owner bought it new, 74 years old. Wife can't get up to the FJC anymore. They bought a RAV4 Hybrid.

SUPER excited for it. Love my 12 Red TT, but TTUE is getting inside garage space

Will update with pics on drive back.

Just wanted to share the excitement with forum friends. Hope everyone has a nice Thanksgiving
Congratulations

·
Registered
658 Posts
Glad you made it home safely. And yeah, it should have the white grill on it so I wouldn't get rid of it but it does look really good in black...

·
Registered
2014 TT & 2012 TT
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Made it home. Time to find her a space.

Ride was amazing. No shimmy. No weird things. Literally like a brand new car. I LOVED the suspension on the drive home.

Tomorow, kids and wife will see it, and lets see their reaction

Wheel Automotive parking light Car Tire Automotive side marker light
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Sky Car
Car Vehicle Land vehicle Vehicle registration plate Grille

·
Premium Member
17,153 Posts
The white grill will look really nice!

Reactions: Uncharted
21 - 40 of 48 Posts