Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
fka luvshisfj
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found out today that I don't have to be back at work til the 28th..:rocker: So I'm off work from 17th-27th..
I was just wondering what everyone was doing afterwards?!! I know some people hit Moab after Summit....Lets here it people. what are your plans?

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Why don't you join us in Moab before the Summit?

·
Premium Member
2,100 Posts
We are hanging out through Sunday to do the uphill Black Bear run if it happens, then over to Telluride for a night at a friends new house(mansion). He is till building it and it as 45,000 square feet, must be nice!!! Then as far away from Moab as we can get in Utah. Headed to Navajo Lake for 5 days meeting up with the kids and doing some mountain biking on the Rainbow Rim Trail and Thunder Mountain above Bryce. I am sick of Moab in the summer, sick of it period so missing it completely this year other than using the short cut through it.

·
Premium Member
1,307 Posts
I will be beating a hasty path back to NC, 3 day run...........

:cheers:

·
fka luvshisfj
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That sounds like an adventure..and 45k sq ft?!! Wow.....(I'll be waiting for my invite via PM) :lol:

We are hanging out through Sunday to do the uphill Black Bear run if it happens, then over to Telluride for a night at a friends new house(mansion). He is till building it and it as 45,000 square feet, must be nice!!! Then as far away from Moab as we can get in Utah. Headed to Navajo Lake for 5 days meeting up with the kids and doing some mountain biking on the Rainbow Rim Trail and Thunder Mountain above Bryce. I am sick of Moab in the summer, sick of it period so missing it completely this year other than using the short cut through it.
that's one helluva drive....glad I'm not making that one. Last year I took the LOOOONG way to Summit....2k+ miles....one way!

I will be beating a hasty path back to NC, 3 day run...........

:cheers:

·
Registered
789 Posts
Heading over to Denver for a week or so. Husband has some work to do over there.

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts
That sounds like an adventure..and 45k sq ft?!! Wow.....(I'll be waiting for my invite via PM) :lol:
:lol: that's what I was thinking :rocker:

Heading over to Denver for a week or so. Husband has some work to do over there.
Nothing's actually been planned yet, but last year, we went on a night run at Middle St. Vrain and Coney Flats on the Monday night after we got home from Summit.....just couldn't let it all end I guess (LINK).

So, keep an eye out in the Colorado sub-forum if you're interested in anything like that.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts
There's also someone that's wheeling Red River, NM the last week of July. He created a thread, you'll have to search for it...

·
Premium Member
2,100 Posts
Actually that will be his small house. He has one in Oak Glen, California that is over 60,000 and a 12 car garage. He is the largest manufacturer of PVC couplings, corners, angles, valves and the like for Home Depot, Lowes, and Best. And you would never know he had a penny, drives a 2001 F250, works 7 seven days a week and wears jeans all the time. Great guy. We are going fly fishing I guess. He told me next year the house will be done and I can just stay there for the Summit. Here is hoping, living like the other half would be great for a couple of days. He will not adopt me though, I have asked!!!!!

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
:lol: that's what I was thinking :rocker:

Nothing's actually been planned yet, but last year, we went on a night run at Middle St. Vrain and Coney Flats on the Monday night after we got home from Summit.....just couldn't let it all end I guess (LINK).

So, keep an eye out in the Colorado sub-forum if you're interested in anything like that.

That's what I will be doing/planning with that guy.:bigthumb:

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,309 Posts
And you would never know he had a penny, drives a 2001 F250, works 7 seven days a week and wears jeans all the time.
You will find that this is the case for the vast majority of self-made (as opposed to inherited) millionaires, i.e. they got that way by hard work and thrift and old habits die hard.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts