Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Forum!

I am wondering if any of you have aftermarket clutches installed. What are they? Why did you go with them?

A little background: I am the verge of installing a Supercharger (due on my porch in a bout a week). I am also in the process of changing my clutch right now. Searching blue room doesn’t yield a whole lot of info on clutches (Types, max torque Values, good for street or off-road, etc). I am looking at a Spec 3+. I know this is very “grabby” bur it would be tough to use off road.

I am looking for a clutch that can handle the new torque values of the Super charger (~300 lbs ft) but won’t be too grabby when off roading. I know an organic clutch (stock) would be best for slippage, but I would need one that could handle the increased torque. I know the stock clutch can handle the supercharger, but once you start tinkering with the SC, it’s possible that at wide open throttle, it could start slipping.
If there is already a comparison guide, Please let me know!
Thank you.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
the OEM clutch works fine with the TRD supercharger, which is also boosted to just a hair under 300hp, and no one has ever reported any durability issues with it (that I've found, anyway)

In my experience, aftermarket parts simply aren'd designed/made to last for 10+ years like the OEM stuff is, so my go to is to stick with Toyota parts.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts