Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Found it while abusing my Amazon Store Card last week. Just clicking away my whole life. LOL.
Its an appropriate Mod-safety category, Ill have to find it as well. How do you like your winch fair-lead? Are you running steel or synthetic rope? Any pinching or binding issues? I've been considering getting a little more low profile fair-lead, but have read a lot of reviews on both sides of the opinion.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its an appropriate Mod-safety category, Ill have to find it as well. How do you like your winch fair-lead? Are you running steel or synthetic rope? Any pinching or binding issues? I've been considering getting a little more low profile fair-lead, but have read a lot of reviews on both sides of the opinion.
I haven't used it yet in a recovery situation. I haven't seen anyone in trouble, and I haven't been in trouble. I hope there are no issues. But I didn't want the extended fairlead to bend up my equipment...it just stuck out too far. I want the recovery points and d-rings to do their job and punch whatever rock I land on. Or Prius. Teehee. I'll be careful though.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Found it while abusing my Amazon Store Card last week. Just clicking away my whole life. LOL.
I'll say. 45 bucks for something very snazzy. Now I'm going to abuse my Amazon Card and get one. By the way, did you deal with the reversed terminals on that Optima by turning the battery around when you installed it and did the cables reach OK?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll say. 45 bucks for something very snazzy. Now I'm going to abuse my Amazon Card and get one. By the way, did you deal with the reversed terminals on that Optima by turning the battery around when you installed it and did the cables reach OK?
Hey @Kaiju, I didn't experience those problems with that battery. Positive is on the left, so it worked without problems. Here's another photo from an angle that shows a better view.

I added the Agency 6 tie down after going on the trail, that's why it's so clean. A rainy day produced some mud pits. I like to keep it dirty.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts