Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife totaled out her Toyota Monday Feb. 22nd. I thought I'd put her Prius in for photo of the month, I think it caught some air! Anyway thank goodness she was not in my FJ I'll attempt to post a picture or two. Sometimes I can, sometimes I cannot. Nothing quite like buying two new 2010 Toyotas in the same year, man I've got a lucky salesman. As for my wife, well she'll be okay once that knee is healed up.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,793 Posts
So glad your wife is okay with only minor injuries. She is lucky and wish her the best with her knee.

That prius crumple zone sure looks like it did it's job of absorbing energy.

·
Banned
2,640 Posts
all this negative publicity of toyota, could cause some to forget what they do right, and for that, we are thankful! glad you wife is ok..the car can always be replaced!

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
At 6:30pm a truck going south turned left and went into her lane as she was heading north. They didn't see her. She hit a 2003 Dodge Ram Quad-cab from the passenger door forward. It's air bag also went off and the driver and passenger were ok. If I didn't have to resize the pictures I'd post a few more. As everyone knows the Prius doesn't have much of a front end to start with. My wife was on the computer today looking at the 2010 Prius. She just doesn't want an FJ. That little car did a good job, we believe the little dash mounted shifter may be the object that took a hunk out of her leg. It's in a different location in the 2010"s. Seat belts and air bags work, be safe, see you on the trails.

·
Premium Member
16,793 Posts
At 6:30pm a truck going south turned left and went into her lane as she was heading north. They didn't see her. She hit a 2003 Dodge Ram Quad-cab from the passenger door forward. It's air bag also went off and the driver and passenger were ok. If I didn't have to resize the pictures I'd post a few more. As everyone knows the Prius doesn't have much of a front end to start with. My wife was on the computer today looking at the 2010 Prius. She just doesn't want an FJ. That little car did a good job, we believe the little dash mounted shifter may be the object that took a hunk out of her leg. It's in a different location in the 2010"s. Seat belts and air bags work, be safe, see you on the trails.
posting pics is a LOT easier if you just set up a photobucket account. No need to resize pics at all. You just load up the pics into photobucket very easily. Then just copy and paste the
tag and it pops up in the thread and resizes it self automatically.

like this.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Glad she's o.k.

About the car I my cousin knows a guy who is the berries with a frame straightner:)

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Glad your wife is OK man!

Purely out of curiosity, does she remember how fast she was going when they collided?

Based on the damage I would estimate around 50MPH...

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
It's great that your wife came through it without more injury. Here's to a fast recovery. :bigthumb:

I hope she was wearing clean underwear when it happend... anyone know why the older generation were always thinking it was imperative to be be wearing clean underwear if you get in an accident? Chances are they won't be clean after impact no matter how spring fresh and spotless they were before.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My wife says that she was going 40-45MPH. She says this because the speed limit changes less than 1/4 mile from where she was hit. She drives this road a few times a week and knows where the speed limit changes.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
By all rights, I should have been dead once and seriously injured (at minimum) another time...

What saved me was the superior engineering of my Toyota T100.

The truck was rebuilt both times and runs great today. In fact, it feels brand new. And I walked away both times. I had bruised arms from the air bag but that was it.

Small wonder that I buy nothing but Toyota...

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hope she heals soon! Give her a hug every day, it could have been much worse!

Buy her an FJ, may not get the same MPG, but it should take a big hit. I always get rear-ended, I'm always stopped and they never have insurance. I went to a bigger unit!

Good luck! Get well Soon!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts