Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This might be a silly question but I'm replacing my dirty gunked up air cabin filter with a non-OEM brand. The original Toyota filter doesn't have any arrows imprinted on it showing airflow however the replacement filter I bought is labeled with an arrow labeled Airflow with an arrow so it looks like it should only be installed one way.

Initiallty it seemed to me that the airflow would be DOWN (in other words flowing from headliner to floormats) as opposed to the other direction but I'm a little confused because the fan is actually BELOW the filter making me think that maybe it flows UP (from floormats to headliner). Can anyone confirm which direction the air flows without just guessing at it? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
Air flows upwards from floor board...the damper or vents regulate the inside recirculate dependining on what setting you have it in.

I spray Ozium once in awhile into the passenger side floor area to freshen the cabin up ... air deffinately is pulled up.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I take it that air flows from top down through to bottom....headliner to the floor....otherwise, how did leave bits get on the topside of my stock air filter? And this makes sense if the fan is below the filter....just like my house unit air fan is AFTER the filter.

Anyone have better info...Yes...No?

·
Premium Member
6,519 Posts
The airflow thru the filter is from the top down to the fan. The air is pulled thru the filter by the centrifugal cage fan. The fan gets filtered air.

DEWFPO

·
Premium Member
2,965 Posts
+1 for top down. I went to the dealer to get a HIPAA filer. They wanted $50.00! I took my free cappuccino and left. Local parts stores are carrying them for around $20.00 now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts