Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Actively looking for an onboard airy compressor for my FJ Cruiser. Only considering those with 100% duty cycle and have found these three:

Viair 444c -- 1/4HP. 38amps. Max 200psi.
Pacbrake 625 -- 3/4HP. 45amps. Max 150psi.
Thomas M97054 -- 1/3HP. 26amps. Max 50psi.

All are between $150-250 price range. I have some 25 years of experience with a similar Thomas unit, but it only puts out 50psi. Does anyone out there have a Viair or Pacbrake onboard? What's the pros & cons?

·
Forum Regular
291 Posts
Actively looking for an onboard airy compressor for my FJ Cruiser. Only considering those with 100% duty cycle and have found these three:

Viair 444c -- 1/4HP. 38amps. Max 200psi.
Pacbrake 625 -- 3/4HP. 45amps. Max 150psi.
Thomas M97054 -- 1/3HP. 26amps. Max 50psi.

All are between $150-250 price range. I have some 25 years of experience with a similar Thomas unit, but it only puts out 50psi. Does anyone out there have a Viair or Pacbrake onboard? What's the pros & cons?

ARB On-Board High Performance 12 Volt Twin Air Compressor (CKMTA12)

just a suggetion vs. what you were looking at - INCREDIBLE performance!

·
Registered
272 Posts
I've got a portable Viar and have been really happy with it for over two years.
Viar has my vote.

·
Registered
955 Posts

·
Mean Time Moderator
5,671 Posts
look into these as well:

Products : Extreme Outback

these are reviewed really well.
I had an extremaire senior in my TLC and have fitted another in my FJ. Can't fault it 150psi, 100% duty cycle, puts approx 10psi per minute in 34's. Also have the Junior for car tyres but wouldn't recommend for FJ as not big enough for the job though it will do it if youre not in a hurry

·
Premium Member
2,204 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Bought a Harbor Freight unit that looked just like a Viair. Knowing it was Harbor Freight, the first thing I did was air down all four tires and checked to see if this unit could re-inflate them. It got three done before a loud POP and no more pressure coming out of it. Returned to HF, and bought a Viair 400P. Have not regretted it.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I would vote for Viair...I have an 88P and it works great. I just keep it in the back and hook it up when I need it...I have been thinking about trying to hard wire and mount it somewhere and hooking up a tank, but I would probably just invest in a better model if I ended up doing that...

·
Premium Member
3,412 Posts
VIAIR. I run a train horn on my jeep which gets used everyday and I can tell you I have never had an issue with mine. At one point I had a hose leak in my train horn and the compressor ran for 45 min straight, everyday to and from work for about two weeks and still to this day it works perfect after four years.. Here is a video of it a real K3LA train horn

a088f5f0.mp4 Video by Theohiomike | Photobucket

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts