Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone......
was wondering if anyone is running an AirAid cold air system on their FJ. I heard mixed reviews and thoughts I'd go to the source.

·
Banned
2,640 Posts
have the k&n cai, and it made a little difference..combined that with a throttle body spacer. that and the exhaust, deff gives it some extra pep..all and all, go for it

·
Registered
456 Posts
I have it, my mileage improved a bit and feel a bit better response for passing. I would say the best feature is that it is street legal and cost less. I had to ask them to send me the CARB# sticker, 2 days later I got it in the mail.

To me a weak point is the sound, it does not add much of the throaty sound like other systems because the stock air box is maintained and acts like a resonator. You can hear it a bit but not like the systems that feed directly into the throttle. The air is not all outside air because it forms its box with the top being the hood.

Overall I would say if you want more air and want a CARB# and you save some money this is a system you can go with, if you dont care about the CARB and want more sound consider others.

·
Registered
403 Posts
The Airaid was the first intake available, so I bought it. I later upgraded to the TRD, I feel it is superior in design and function (the airaid utilizes the stock airbox, whereas the TRD is a straight run into the throttle body.)

Save up and buy the TRD, it is well worth it!
Just my 2 centd-Bill

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for all the pointers.....
I might just have to save some cash and go for the TRD.
Cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts