Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im from birmingham and normally go off roading to a small free place off of lakeshore. I was wondering in yalls opinion what the best park is to go off roading and not screw your rig up too dang bad?
Thanks,
And id love to get together with you guys some time ive got friends with tacomas and jeeps and we are always willing to go with new people.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Whats up man, im from the the Birmingham area. And i have a few friends that have jeeps and like to go out and play. Some places that are not official parks are nicknamed "The Bowl" and "Mad Dog" which is near the Hoover area and it is a really cool place to go. GreyRock ORV is a intense place to go so i would go there myself but it would be a cool place to hangout. Ive been once with a friend that had a nice jeep so its a cool park. I know there are a few more i just havnt looked into it all yet.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Hi! Also from Birmingham. :wave:

Unfortunately, setting wheels in "The Bowl" these days will get you a nice ticket and the pleasure of meeting some of Hoover's finest. :mecry: Used to be a cool place to ride along with the rest of the Cahaba WMA, but it's mostly been mined out now--we were out there a few weeks ago and spent the whole day riding dirt roads and looking for ANYTHING that was still open.

Greyrock is OK, but mostly either for big buggies, or not enough to even engage 4WD, but it may have changed up in the last year. Good to check out though. There's a pretty decent park that suits most anyone called Mountainside in Gadsden. Been there several times and it's good for a long day ride.
There's another park in Jacksonville called Chocolocco (or something close to that), but have not been there yet.
If you want a good place to ride for free, check out the WMA outside or Childersburg where Mt. Cheaha is, or there is another decent one further down 280 outside of Alex City near a town called Weogufska. (Don't recall the name of that one right off...)

·
Registered
198 Posts
I'm over in ATL & trying to get a group together for some wheeling in N GA. It wouldn't all that far for you bham guys to come check out.
There's a post up in the SE forum

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sweet well yall tell me when yall are going and where and we can definately meet up some time.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'm from a little ways down from Bham on 280, Sylacauga. I live in Cali now but all my family and friends r trail riders down there. As I used to be, they are all Jeep guys, but they found some respect for the FJ when I took mine down there for a road trip this past winter. There are quite a few trails along the Coosa, as well as a few of the ridges there. A few are used by a "who ya know" basis as its private land, but plenty start off at the many power lines crossing thru there.
If interested, I can update ya on when they get together, and they'd love for an FJ to come along. All good people. My goal is to be back home by this coming winter, so hopefully ill b riding the Bama mud again soon.

Sent from my LG-P999 using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
56 Posts
Im from birmingham and normally go off roading to a small free place off of lakeshore. I was wondering in yalls opinion what the best park is to go off roading and not screw your rig up too dang bad?
Thanks,
And id love to get together with you guys some time ive got friends with tacomas and jeeps and we are always willing to go with new people.

Where is that area off of Lakeshore? A friend of mine goes out there and he was telling me about it. I am from Birmingham/Trussville but now live in Nashville and looking for a fun place to ride when I come back to Bham. I have a lifted 4Runner with A/T tires. Do you think it will do fine on those trails?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ya it will do great i took my tahoe out there when i had one and it could do most of everything. if you just go down lakeshore away from mtn brook and brookwood mall and past the wildwood shopping center, about 3 or 4 miles down the orad there is a big construction site on your left, and it is across the street from that off the right side of lakeshore. there are more trails off to your left about a mile before you get to the construction zone and there are some more challenging trails back in there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts