Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy all. Recently sold my 06 Jeep Liberty Diesel, and bought an 07 FJ. Really gonna miss that Jeep (loved the CRD, wish Toyota would make a diesel), but seems like I am going to like the FJ as well.

I have already read a lot here. And used a lot of the information on getting new tires (185/75/17 mudders) and ordered a new ARB bull bar and warn winch. Plan on getting the ARB rhino lined like the one on my Jeep. I find the powder coating on most bumpers just will not take the environment up here in Alaska for very long before they start to rust. I also hard wired my Garmin into the FJ, thanks to some excellent info from here.

Anyway, look forward to helping as mush as possible with anything I might have figured out!

CF

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Welcome to the forum, from what I've read many item sold today with powder coating don't hold up very well in any environment....good choice on getting it Rhino coated.

·
Premium Member
16,938 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Congrats cant wait to see some pictures of your FJ in the cool scenery of Alaska

·
Registered
713 Posts
Welcome to the forums. I know you won't be disappointed with the FJ! It can definitely last in the harsh conditions. I must say pics would be nice whenever you get a chance.

Micah

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
Welcome to the gang.

·
Full -N- Down
641 Posts
Welcome, maybe I'll see you on the road sometime.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Awesome ! ! ! !
I love my 2007 FJ TRD ! !

Blessings,
Dave(man)

·
Registered
900 Posts
Congrats on your purchase - I had a Jeep Liberty Diesel for 2 weeks, I just did not like the few extra MPG vs the sound...traded it for a Grand Cherokee w/Hemi - loved the power, hated the MPG.
You are going to love your FJC - just had mine through its 1st AK winter and the powder coated items held up fine...not much salt up here and that is a good thing!!:clap:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the welcomes. I live out in Knik down KGB road from Wasilla, so if any of you see me rolling around on the Richardson give me a wave. I'm in the yellow FJ with mud tires and some yellow stickers in the back window.

I'll get photos of it posted soon!

CF

1 - 16 of 16 Posts