Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have an '07 with 285 bfg at's and 3" All Pro lift. I purchased lifetime alignment from Discount Tire and have had them align my FJ twice with no issues with the BFG's and all pros. After my third time having discount align my FJ I noticed a significant pull to the left so I brought it back in. They told me there was no caster / camber adjustment so that was as good as they could do, but they did adjust the steering wheel. wtf? They then proceeded to tell me that they noticed no pull when they drove it and that I should take a drive with them.... considering the pull is significant and a drive would accomplish nothing, I passed. I let them know that is is possible to adjust caster / camber settings and then the tech said it was as good as he could do....so basically they changed nothing.

I have included the specs and am going to find another discount to give it a third try. So far the only takeaway I have from the specs sticky is to set camber to 0.... any other suggestions for my setup?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Have them try to get your front camber closer to equal on both sides at a measurment of zero or .5 positive max. That is the most glaring issue.

Your caster measurments are confusing as they seem really high. Positive caster normally adds stability, but you are like twice the spec amount. Normally FJs lose castor with a lift.. yours seems to have an over abundance. I'm not sure if too much is a bad thing other than making it a little more harder to steer.

Also, if you have non-directional tires, swap front wheel positions right and left. If the tires are directional move the fronts to the back and see what happens. Althought not common, sometimes tread can cause a pull.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Don't know anything about the technical end of this,but I will comment on the PR end of it. I think the tech doing the alignment has his head up his a$$, I would go to a different discount tire & ask for someone that's been doing it awhile. Even with out the pull, The steering wheel should be dead center. That just tells me the guy does not know or care what he's doing. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
I agree with these guys

my settings after are:camber left:-0.4 right:-0.1
caster left:+1.5 right:+1.0
Toe left:0.01 right:-0.01

I also learned even though i have 2 good aligment techs that have done mine there was one guy who, since i asked about him that had a manager help him learn, know the correct way to do the fj, he even remarked,(at least he was honest) that he had never done one before. so make sure to ask the manager to have his best tech to do the alignment. if they cannot get it right move on, either to another shop so you can get your rig driving right, of just move on to one that has integrity.. Good luck!

·
Registered
20 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts