Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Successfully installed the bumper and winch (control box had to be modified a bit to fit but no biggie) yesterday and went to the lake to make sure everything was working alright and winched out a Chevy Silverado stuck in mud with no problem! :rocker:

Here's a pic of it:

Closeup

·
Registered
819 Posts
Looking very nice

·
Registered
467 Posts
exactly my setup.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks all! The winch is really working out - we went for a run @ the same lake yesterday and a Jeep Liberty was stuck in the same hole as the Silverado :lol: Can I now get a Jeep Recover Vehicle sticker? :)

·
Registered
662 Posts
Looks awesome, I see you got the 3 piece All-Pro Bumper. Good to hear about the winch, i am winch shopping again, and thats one I was considering.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah so far I really like it. That winch was $299 @ WinchDepot. The control box had to be modified to fit in the bumper, but other than that, it was definitely worth saving the extra $600 over the Warn the bumper was designed for. :clap:

·
Registered
919 Posts
What did you have to do by modifying the control box to make it fit? I will probably buy the same winch eventually, for the price it seems like a great winch.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well the control box mounting plate only fits in the bumper a certain way so the plate has to be mounted to the control box as so. It just requires drilling different holes in the back plate of the control box to line up with the plate so the box is flush with the back of the bumper.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I agree - and the fact that it's modular was a plus for me shipping wise in addition to the fact that during the month of March All-Pro is offering free shipping on the bumper & an extra 5% off! :rocker:

·
Registered
458 Posts
Good looking set up.I installed my allpro bumper 2 weeks ago I wish I had the money at the time to get a winch now I have to remove my bumper again:mecry:.The smitty built was the one winch I was looking at I did not feel the added expense of a warn was worth it.Was it too difficult to hook your cable on the inside of the bumper like allpro direction shows? Did you use the renforcement brackets? SEK ROCKS hotsteel41

1 - 20 of 26 Posts