Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody found a way to rig up the three hoop attachment on the All-Pro bumper to run four 6" lights? It sounds like a stretch but with the skill and creativity of some people in this community I wouldn't really be very surprised...

Let me know and thanks!

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Has anybody found a way to rig up the three hoop attachment on the All-Pro bumper to run four 6" lights? It sounds like a stretch but with the skill and creativity of some people in this community I wouldn't really be very surprised...

Let me know and thanks!
Actually it may be illegal to do that. There's a limite as to how many driving light level lights you can have in the front. Check with your regs.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Actually it may be illegal to do that. There's a limite as to how many driving light level lights you can have in the front. Check with your regs.

Its also ileagal to run roof mounted lights, after market intakes that aren't CARB approved, headers, tires that stick out of the fenders.

While they may not be screaming "pull me over" like a riced out honda might, lets be honest, most of our rigs are ileagal in some way or form. In the case of the 4 6" lights to the front, as long as he covers them up while one the road, he should be fine. While on the trail, take off the covers, and light up the night!

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
In California, you can have 2 additional driving light level lights (total of 4 lights) and they don't have to be covered. I know what you're saying, but knowing the rules of the game and chose to go ahead will give you a little advantage in the challenge.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would think if they're covered most police officers around here wouldn't care much. I live next to Elon University, the underage drinking capitol of the southeast so hopefully they would have bigger problems to worry about, but it would be best to check I'm sure.

But back to the question...has anyone already come up with a solution?

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
In California, you can have 2 additional driving light level lights (total of 4 lights) and they don't have to be covered. I know what you're saying, but knowing the rules of the game and chose to go ahead will give you a little advantage in the challenge.
You are correct about 4 lights uncoverd in califorina. I agree that everyone should be aware of the laws in their area before performing mods. But in this case though, even if the lighting laws in his state are the same as Cali, all he has to do cover the lights he's not using and he'll be fine. That shouldn't stop him from adding the addtional lighting he wants. (If his intention is to use it for off road lighting)

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Agreed 5150 Cruiser. I wasn't trying to dissuade him from having 4 auxiliary lights, I was just pointing out the ramifications in case he wasn't aware. Having them covered up will help, though I think there is still a limit on the total number of lights one can have.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
You could run an extra set of lights, but would involve having to weld up a pain of light tabs. You might be able to mount another set of lights above the hoop.:simmadown:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You could run an extra set of lights, but would involve having to weld up a pain of light tabs. You might be able to mount another set of lights above the hoop.:simmadown:
That could work...right now I have 4" PIAA 510's on an All-Pro light bar on top and two 6" 520's on the bumper. I'm trying to figure out if 6" IPF lights will mount with the All-Pro light bar, then I might just try mounting two of the 510's to the center hoop instead of two more 6" lights...if that makes any sense at all...

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
doyou know if the piaa 520's will work in the all pro air damm? I might pick one up and if i do i'd really like to use either piaa 520's, or 540's (If i can find a deal on some)
I don't know yet but I'll be finding out soon...I'll let you know.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts