Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the towing capacity change at all with the installation of an All-Pro bumper with integrated trailer hitch? I checked the all-pro website and the the Buyer's Guide, but I couldn't find any information.

Thanks for the help!

·
Premium Member
9,334 Posts
You might get a faster and more accurate response to brand specific questions by contacting them directly. :bigthumb:
Here is there number:
All-Pro Off Road
951-658-7077

·
Premium Member
8,984 Posts
Save yourself the trouble and wondering and get one that allows you to use the factory hitch

(see pics towards end of thread that I posted) http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/expedition-one/97777-rear-bumpers-now-available-shipping-6.html

When shopping for a rear bumper some time back I asked this same question of more than one company. They could only say that their bolt-on hitches were not-rated and were for off-road use only. In addition, they all want an arm-and-a-leg for a little plate and a piece of square tubing.

Look at this little tow thingy for the ARB at over $360 !! :eek: http://www.4by4connection.com/20fjcrarbreb.html It's not even a real hitch. I see Toytec was offering it for $259 a while back. http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/toytec-lifts/98893-arb-fj-rear-bumper-hitch-receiver.html

I won't swear by it but I was thinking Demello's little receiver was $200+ and I see that All-Pro's is $99. Looks nice but doesn't appear to have any direct connection to the frame, unless I am mistaken.

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
I have to agree with Woodsman. Get a bumper that allows for the stock hitch. His link will take you there. Is there a reason you want An All-Pro vrs another bumper?

·
Premium Member
16,793 Posts
by adding more weight in the form of bumper you are actually reducing your ability to tow more.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
I have the ALL Pro rear bumper and it has 6 huge bolts that bolt directly to the frame so i`m sure it would tow just fine. Some of the people here always seem to be to technical.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
The All-Pro hitch setup is almost identical to the factory hitch reciever. It mounts to the same spot using the same bolts.

If there's any difference, it would only be in the quality of All-Pro's welds or metal. I will not speak to that because I simply don't know.

What I do know:

I have it, and have towed some uhauls around with no problems. I don't know what those trailers weighed exactly though... they were packed 5x8ft enclosed trailers. I've used it for recovery pulls also, with a hitch shackle thing, which I'm sure has put more than 5k pounds worth of tug on it, no issues.

·
Premium Member
8,984 Posts
I have the ALL Pro rear bumper and it has 6 huge bolts that bolt directly to the frame so i`m sure it would tow just fine. Some of the people here always seem to be to technical.
I think you mean "too" technical. :rofl: :rofl:

It's good to know it bolts directly to the frame. It disgusts me that none of the manufacturers have the balls to show more detailed pictures of the underside and backside of their bumpers. Either they are trying to hide something (or maybe hide "nothing") or they just don't realize that it's good marketing to show many different views of the product as well as many pics of installed product so customers can get a sense of what it will look like on their own ride.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts