Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Awesome pictures! How much do those 37s rub??

·
Registered
294 Posts
Awesome pictures! How much do those 37s rub??
They don't rub on the front but the rear rub a little on the flares. I don't have bumpstops yet and I may raise the rear 1" more. After running 37's on the trails I would never go back to 35's even if they rub a little. They work that much better.

·
Registered
10,293 Posts
They don't rub on the front but the rear rub a little on the flares. I don't have bumpstops yet and I may raise the rear 1" more. After running 37's on the trails I would never go back to 35's even if they rub a little. They work that much better.

I assume your LT suspension helps allow 37s? Probably not as do-able with a standard coilover lift?

·
Registered
608 Posts
Great photos. We really enjoyed Moab and the Summit. We plan to do this again next year.

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
I assume your LT suspension helps allow 37s? Probably not as do-able with a standard coilover lift?
I am curious about this as well, does Frosties build go into fitting the 37's ??

Awesome pictures of the rigs at play.. Very classy presentation you gut's put out there.
:cheers:

·
Registered
10,293 Posts
I am curious about this as well, does Frosties build go into fitting the 37's ??

Awesome pictures of the rigs at play.. Very classy presentation you gut's put out there.

:cheers:

Allpro is a class act, no doubt, and has built so many different LT and SAS FJs the right way.

I might go 37s if it's no more challenging with standard lift. I think Jon is making it sound easy because he has mad skilz haha ;) that's a compliment :worried: haha

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Allpro is a class act, no doubt, and has built so many different LT and SAS FJs the right way.

I might go 37s if it's no more challenging with standard lift. I think Jon is making it sound easy because he has mad skilz haha ;) that's a compliment :worried: haha
Yep,in hind site I kick my arse for not being able to take advantage of their Alum skid plate...location location.:frown

37's look sweet.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Sean....Those last 4 shots of Jon at BBP....Those are awesome... I sure would like to get those of me at that spot. They will go in my portfolio, you know for my upcoming red carpet walk.

·
Registered
294 Posts

Thanks for the kind words!

Putting 37's on a FJ without LT suspension or SAS is not going to work out well IMO. You are going to have to crank the coilovers up so much that they will have no down travel left and it would be a very unpleasant ride. Also the CV angles would be very extreme.
By putting our LT kit on you can get the lift needed, the CV's aren't maxed out and the front axle is moved forward slightly to gain some room in the rear of the wheelwell. You do need to do the body mount chop and it does need to be done properly to gain maximum clearance.

My rear tires do rub a little at full flex.I am running our 3.5" rear springs with Fox 2.5" DSC shocks. I didn't do anything in the rear wheelwells other than taking off of the mudflaps. I am going to work on this to gain some clearance. I haven't had a chance since getting back from the Summit. I will let you all know what I do.

·
Premium Member
13,321 Posts
Thanks for the kind words!

Putting 37's on a FJ without LT suspension or SAS is not going to work out well IMO. You are going to have to crank the coilovers up so much that they will have no down travel left and it would be a very unpleasant ride. Also the CV angles would be very extreme.
By putting our LT kit on you can get the lift needed, the CV's aren't maxed out and the front axle is moved forward slightly to gain some room in the rear of the wheelwell. You do need to do the body mount chop and it does need to be done properly to gain maximum clearance.

My rear tires do rub a little at full flex.I am running our 3.5" rear springs with Fox 2.5" DSC shocks. I didn't do anything in the rear wheelwells other than taking off of the mudflaps. I am going to work on this to gain some clearance. I haven't had a chance since getting back from the Summit. I will let you all know what I do.
Enquiring minds want to know :browsmiley::bigthumb:

21 - 33 of 33 Posts