Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Mike

Just to be clear for the vendor's benefit, I don't think that there is a limit to the number of spots available but simply that once we get 20 people in the GB, the discount peaks at 20%. So my take is that we could go well beyond 20 participants and the group buy will close on the original announced closure date.

In fact, maybe the participation will ramp up a bit now that people know they will get 20% off for sure and a reduced shipping charge.

No affiliation with vendor....just didn't want people to read your comment and take it to mean that it was capped at 20 people.
Straight from the source, and the information I was provide. Things change though, and the GB is still open until the 20th with no caps.

·
トヨタ Master
5,579 Posts

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Straight from the source, and the information I was provide. Things change though, and the GB is still open until the 20th with no caps.

Yep..I saw that and that's exactly how it reads in the first post of this thread and also where I drew my conclusion that it wasn't capped at 20.

Please re-read again what you were provided and you also provided here again in response to my comment. It references that people can start ordering once 20 is reached or once the group buy closes. It does not say anything about being capped at 20 total participants. And, like you I have seen plenty on other forums that do limit the number of GB participants so I see how if you read quickly that you might think that.

Your comments were also slightly unclear too (at least in my opinion) in that your words implied that it might be capped. Once again, I am merely clarifying for the vendor's benefit that it isn't capped and it isn't over yet and for people to jump in if they want to buy at 20% and get a reduced cost shipping rate of $60.

Please don't take any of this to be a knock on you personally. I think you do great things for this forum (and others) and it is awesome that you brought a number of 4Runner guys into this group buy to help get the 20% discount. Not convinced we could have achieved that level with just FJ Cruiser Forums participants.

Best regards.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yep..I saw that and that's exactly how it reads in the first post of this thread and also where I drew my conclusion that it wasn't capped at 20.

Please re-read again what you were provided and you also provided here again in response to my comment. It references that people can start ordering once 20 is reached or once the group buy closes. It does not say anything about being capped at 20 total participants. And, like you I have seen plenty on other forums that do limit the number of GB participants so I see how if you read quickly that you might think that.

Your comments were also slightly unclear too (at least in my opinion) in that your words implied that it might be capped. Once again, I am merely clarifying for the vendor's benefit that it isn't capped and it isn't over yet and for people to jump in if they want to buy at 20% and get a reduced cost shipping rate of $60.

Please don't take any of this to be a knock on you personally. I think you do great things for this forum (and others) and it is awesome that you brought a number of 4Runner guys into this group buy to help get the 20% discount. Not convinced we could have achieved that level with just FJ Cruiser Forums participants.

Best regards.
No worries, and you didn't offend me in the slightest. Simple oversight even after reading it 20 times! For the life of me I can't understand how I completely missed the word "or" in the sentence.

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Hi, Guys, when you call in or email us, can you send the following information:

Name
Billing and shipping address
Phone number
Email address
Forum and Screen Name
Model of your truck
Model of sliders you'd like to order

Thank you for your help!!

Tracy
[email protected]

·
Registered
315 Posts
Hello all,
I just wanted to point out how tough the All Pro Heavy Duty Apex sliders are, based on a hit and run experience I had. I never really thought about passing this on until till I saw the latest GB post.

About a year and a half ago, I was traveling home from work, I came up behind a dark green Cadillac Catera (smaller Caddy made in Germany) that was stopped at a traffic light. This was a four lane secondary road and we were on the left lane. The light turned green and this car immediately drifted over into the right lane then back into my lane, the right lane again and over into the oncoming traffic lane. Luckily he managed to correct and get back into the left lane. Naturally, after observing this, I immediately slowed down and so did the 2 cars behind me. Then he would slow down and then speed up. Obviously drunk or high on something. Any way this went on for about a mile and by then I was getting irritated. When he slowed down to a crawl I gunned it and started passing him on the right lane, while I'm passing him, he speeds up and starts drifting into my lane, I have no where to go, trees to the right and his car to left, then bam, he hits me. I feel a couple solid bumps and hear a loud crunch. Right when he hits me I put on the brakes and he speeds off like nothing happened. I follow him and he makes a dash onto the freeway, all the while I'm honking my horn and waving at him. I call 911 and tell them my story and they advise me to get his license plate, which I do, pull off the freeway, give them my location and an Officer will meet me.

So I get out and I'm expecting bent wheels, a deep gash or two on the doors and mangled sliders. To my surprise, there were no cracks, no dents, no bending, nothing wrong other than a little scrape and paint missing on the kickout. I was so sure there was going to be a lot of damage based on what the side of his car looked like. I wish I could of taken a picture of his car. The Apex sliders deeply creased and mangled the side of his front and rear doors and the middle frame below the B pillar. I think the bumps, lurch or jerk I felt was the kickout hitting his middle frame and his rear tire while I was braking. I know luck had a bit part in this as he came in perfectly parallel to my FJ and I avoided any damage. What's really important is the Apex sliders can handle not only trail damage but this type of damage too. Got to love it! "Who's your Daddy, caddy!"

Aloha, J.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Thanks All Pro!!! Its not even the 20th and my sliders shipped already! Will be here the Jan 25th! Cant wait... :blueblob:

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
Hello all,
I just wanted to point out how tough the All Pro Heavy Duty Apex sliders are, based on a hit and run experience I had. I never really thought about passing this on until till I saw the latest GB post.

About a year and a half ago, I was traveling home from work, I came up behind a dark green Cadillac Catera (smaller Caddy made in Germany) that was stopped at a traffic light. This was a four lane secondary road and we were on the left lane. The light turned green and this car immediately drifted over into the right lane then back into my lane, the right lane again and over into the oncoming traffic lane. Luckily he managed to correct and get back into the left lane. Naturally, after observing this, I immediately slowed down and so did the 2 cars behind me. Then he would slow down and then speed up. Obviously drunk or high on something. Any way this went on for about a mile and by then I was getting irritated. When he slowed down to a crawl I gunned it and started passing him on the right lane, while I'm passing him, he speeds up and starts drifting into my lane, I have no where to go, trees to the right and his car to left, then bam, he hits me. I feel a couple solid bumps and hear a loud crunch. Right when he hits me I put on the brakes and he speeds off like nothing happened. I follow him and he makes a dash onto the freeway, all the while I'm honking my horn and waving at him. I call 911 and tell them my story and they advise me to get his license plate, which I do, pull off the freeway, give them my location and an Officer will meet me.

So I get out and I'm expecting bent wheels, a deep gash or two on the doors and mangled sliders. To my surprise, there were no cracks, no dents, no bending, nothing wrong other than a little scrape and paint missing on the kickout. I was so sure there was going to be a lot of damage based on what the side of his car looked like. I wish I could of taken a picture of his car. The Apex sliders deeply creased and mangled the side of his front and rear doors and the middle frame below the B pillar. I think the bumps, lurch or jerk I felt was the kickout hitting his middle frame and his rear tire while I was braking. I know luck had a bit part in this as he came in perfectly parallel to my FJ and I avoided any damage. What's really important is the Apex sliders can handle not only trail damage but this type of damage too. Got to love it! "Who's your Daddy, caddy!"

Aloha, J.
Thanks for sharing, Now I'm really glad I went withe the apex sliders.:cheers:

·
トヨタ Master
5,579 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
My Apex Sliders minus the fill plates (on request), arrived today and they are beauties!! I can't wait to get them coated and mounted up! :grin

A very sincere thank you to the folks over at All-Pro for this solid deal. Seamless and easy. Would gladly do it again.

Now, *cough cough* about that Roof Rack *cough cough*. >:D

21 - 40 of 48 Posts