Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received my sliders. The units themselves look very nice, but I was wondering what hardware should I have recieved.

I received 12 Bolts, 12 Washers, 12 Lock Washers.

My invoice says i should have received 16 of each, which adds up to the # of holes in the base of the sliders.

Just wanted to double check before I send All Pro an email for additonal parts.

Thanks

John

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
i would guess 8 per side because that is how many holes there are in the frame to mount to. Looks like you are missing some bolts. Call em up in the morning or if you need them asap you can just head down to the hardware store and pick up some grade 8 metric bolts.

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
Yup, should be 16 of each...

Unless you're about to embark on some truly ridiculously slider abuse, I'd say you're fine to install them minus 2 bolts on each side and take care of that once All Pro can get you the rest.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, i figured 8 perside, I just wanted to make sure.

Thanks!

John

·
Registered
477 Posts
John, I rec'd my sliders without any hardware. I called All Pro and they sent out a set which were rec'd in 3 bus. days.

If you haven't installed them yet, just a reminder, it is easier to prime and paint before you install. Once mine were primed, painted and installed, I primed and painted the bolt heads and washers. I don't know if this is necessary to help prevent rust, but it only took a couple of minutes.

·
Registered
458 Posts
yep 12 is the number of 8mm bolts I got kind of made me mad because I waited to late in the evening to bolt on my sliders.A quick trip to the tractor supply solved my problem.
hotsteel41 sek rocks:rocker:

·
Premium Member
4,051 Posts
I special ordered a box of (100 pcs.) 10.9 grade black phosphate 8mm -1.25 pitch x 25mm long bolts. I also have the matching nuts with top lock. The bolts and nuts are flange (ridge or skirt around the bolt/nut hex head) type and no need for washers.

I will have extras after I replaced the bolts on My FJ's AllPro skid plates, Metal-Tech sliders, ARB rook rack/light bar, sway bars, bumper brush guard, cross member brace bars, etc.

If anybody need some, just PM me.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I special ordered a box of (100 pcs.) 10.9 grade black phosphate 8mm -1.25 pitch x 25mm long bolts. I also have the matching nuts with top lock. The bolts and nuts are flange (ridge or skirt around the bolt/nut hex head) type and no need for washers.

I will have extras after I replaced the bolts on My FJ's AllPro skid plates, Metal-Tech sliders, ARB rook rack/light bar, sway bars, bumper brush guard, cross member brace bars, etc.

If anybody need some, just PM me.
Nice, but I got the bolts from AllPro, thanks.

Howver, does anyone happen to know the thread on the bolts. Before installing the sliders, I chased the mounting locations and 2 ot them were stripped/crossthreaded, one on each side. I am pretty sure that the sliders are secure and plenty strong, but I would like to retap them and add the last two bolts. Funny casue all the other bolts threaded fine, just 2 of the mounting locations were messed up.

John

·
Registered
758 Posts
Nice, but I got the bolts from AllPro, thanks.

Howver, does anyone happen to know the thread on the bolts. Before installing the sliders, I chased the mounting locations and 2 ot them were stripped/crossthreaded, one on each side. I am pretty sure that the sliders are secure and plenty strong, but I would like to retap them and add the last two bolts. Funny casue all the other bolts threaded fine, just 2 of the mounting locations were messed up.

John
Hi John,

Sorry you didn't receive the correct amount of hardware initially. Here's the bolt specs you need:

8mm-1.25 x 25mm (Grade 10.9) Bolt

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi John,

Sorry you didn't receive the correct amount of hardware initially. Here's the bolt specs you need:

8mm-1.25 x 25mm (Grade 10.9) Bolt

You all took care of it quite quickly, so no worries. Great product, took a little bit more work to prep for paint, but it's all good.

Thanks for the specs. Gonna retap the last two bolts on Sat.

John

1 - 10 of 10 Posts