Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'll keep it brief.

A: A/C line bent they way I've seen it done.
B: Bent the way it actually clears everything. I marked the line where it contacted the bumper during test fit. Use a block per instructions.
C: Clocking Smitty. Note the missing allen bolts on the end housing. This plate must be rotated so the lever will be in front instead of on top.
D: I used the bracket that came with the bumper to mark a new hole for the control box.
E: Mounted bracket on control box.
F: Control box mounted with remote jack accessable behind bumper wing.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Nice install.Truck looks killer with the winch.Now you gotta get yourself stuck and try out the winch.Let us know how it does.:rocker:

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Nice Job on the install!!:bigthumb: Looks great on your TT!:rocker:

·
Premium Member
17,154 Posts
Looks nice!

·
Registered
685 Posts
I went with the same bumper and the same winch LOVE them. My control box was bigger, so I took it apart and just mounted the solenoid in the bumper. The box wasn't sealed anyway. Looks great, I love dealing with allpro.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys.
I have always been a fan of the sleeper look. Function>Form
I'm very happy with the way the All Pro blends in.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I went with the same bumper and the same winch LOVE them. My control box was bigger, so I took it apart and just mounted the solenoid in the bumper. The box wasn't sealed anyway. Looks great, I love dealing with allpro.
You have ne pics up?

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Here ya go. I added the small hoop.
Looks great.

I don't know what to do with my bumper mounted lights. My wife wants me to get a roof rack. I may put them on the rack or get the hoop for the bumper later.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Looks good! I have an XRC8 sitting around as well waiting for when I get an ARB bull bar to put it in. They dont have the fastest speed, but they are better to have than nothing! I see you have the new revision of the winch too.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ok ????? i dont have to charge the system if i remove the line or how did u bend it in place

Use a block to support the lower end(between line and rasdiator) and bend the line in place.

The instructions show a picture of where to put the block.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I am looking at the same bumper. Does the bumper attach to where the old one was or are there other mounting points?

Thanks
It is held on with 8 factory studs in the front of the frame.

The top 1 on each side is hard to reach. Not enough room for a deepwell socket, and a regular socket gets pushed off. I used 3 washers so it would get tight before the stud pushed off the socket.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts