Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:thinkerg: I went to the dealership this past Saturday morning due to a problem with the factory "All Weather Floormats". The drivers side floormat has a small tear at the left hole for the hook in the floorboard. I knew I was 13 days past the 3 year /36,000 mile warranty but I have less that 17,000 miles on the odometer. I was informed by the service manager that I was just past the warranty period, but he would see what he could do especially since I just had 17,000 miles on it. He told a guy to call a guy and see what they could do. After waiting around for 15 minutes the service manager came back and said that they could no longer get the "All Weather Floormats" due to the problems Toyota had in the past with the gas pedal issues. My questions are:

1. What are they putting in the newer FJ's for floormats? ( I asked and he didn't know. They also did not have an FJ on their lot for me to look at.)
2. Are the "All Weather Floormats" not available anymore?
3. Did they just shine me on to get me to leave?

Thanks in advance:cheers:

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
All weather floormats were discontinued couple of years ago for all Toyota models if i am not mistaken... Newly re-designed floor mats are back in production (they are crap by the way lol) for some models. I don`t think FJ is one of them yet. I know Camry got new ones for sure.. thin and flimsy.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Yeah they were telling the truth... The mats have been discontinued after the whole stuck gas pedal fiasco... And like Ivan said, they're slowly releasing replacements which suck.. I've seen the Tundra mats and they're thin and el cheapo looking... You can still find them on craigslist or eBay but you'll have to shell out some serious $$$... I'd expect to see the new and "improved" OEM mats in a few months, but I'm not sure if I'd want a set.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
The new mats are very flimsy I have a 2011 and it came with very thin carpet mats. The bottoms are just foam they didnt put any extra linning on the bottom so my trunk carpet came bent. The only rubber or plastic mat sold by toyota currently is the rubber mat for the trunk. If you go on amazon though they have some of those molded ones and I believe there made by husky.

·
Registered
460 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Wow... That is unbelievable... It's just RUBBER!

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
Go with the Husky liners. They fit perfect for the front and back

·
Registered
31 Posts
I agree for the price go with Husky liners.
From what I understand, you can't at the moment if you have a 2011 FJ. The driver and passenger mat clasps were redesigned for 2011 to an oval shape and Husky apparently hasn't released a new version.

I'm in the market for all weather mats and it looks like I'm down to only a couple options.

I've heard bad reviews on the Weathertech all-weather mats, but has anyone used the Weathertech digitalfit floorliners? They are liners, not mats, and seem very similar to the Husky liners. The site says they do have a version for the 2011 FJ.

·
Registered
20 Posts
From what I understand, you can't at the moment if you have a 2011 FJ. The driver and passenger mat clasps were redesigned for 2011 to an oval shape and Husky apparently hasn't released a new version.

I'm in the market for all weather mats and it looks like I'm down to only a couple options.

I've heard bad reviews on the Weathertech all-weather mats, but has anyone used the Weathertech digitalfit floorliners? They are liners, not mats, and seem very similar to the Husky liners. The site says they do have a version for the 2011 FJ.
Were you able to get the digitalfit floorliners from Weathertech for the 2011?
When I go to their website I get a message that states "This item is not available for this vehicle or is currently under development. To request that we consider the manufacture of this application, please complete our Product Request Form"

Just interested to see if you were able to get some from Weathertech. Otherwise it seems both Husky and Weathertech are still working on developing the front liner for the 2011.

·
Premium Member
3,211 Posts
The problem with these is they stop right before the pedals. They look mean, but you won't get full protection. I really wanted this style when I got my FJ. I've since installed the Husky liners in the passenger section. They are molded to fit all the way up under the paddles. You get full protection.

I did, however, get the TT all weather for the cargo section. $60 at trdparts4u.com. Part PT548-60081-01

1 - 15 of 15 Posts