Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well it came in at about 5:00pm and I got started at about 5:30. I had to remove a brush guard first and now have the new bumper on and aligned. Tomorrow I just have a few minor things to o to rap it up... I went to the gym before I started on this and now I feel like I've been beat with a rubber hose. But I don't think I did to bad for doing it by myself!!
:rocker:

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
I hope you have taken a few pictures along the way eh! Well theres always tommorrow... :cheers:

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Finished install!!

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Looks good. Hope you made absolutely sure your AC line is plenty far from the bumper. I didn't get mine far enough away and it rubbed though it$$$$$$

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It rubbed threw the fuel line cover?

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
It rubbed threw the fuel line cover?
There are no fuel lines by the front bumper. That would be horrible in accidents :)

The A/C compressor steel line. It is located between the bumper and the radiator. It silver in color and a hard metal line. If you do not bend it far enough out of the way most bumpers will rub this til it creates a hole in the line. It is a pretty costly repair, couple hundred at the dealership IIRC.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was talking about in the bumper kit, is a piece of fuel line that goes over the a/c line and gets 4 tie raps.. I was wondering if it rubbed through that fuel line.

·
Registered
5,369 Posts
Nice. I`ve had mine a little over 4 years now. It still just as awsome as the day I bought it. I got a winch in it now and the extra bumper supports for hard winching and it never lets me down.

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
I was talking about in the bumper kit, is a piece of fuel line that goes over the a/c line and gets 4 tie raps.. I was wondering if it rubbed through that fuel line.
Yes, a piece of small rubber hose placed over the ac line after it has been bent out of the way does help to prevent rubbing a hole into the line. Sorry for the confusion.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Lookin good! Let's see more pics once that wench and lights go in! The mod bug will strike again soon! :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
SLIM i didn't realize you were over in D.S. area. I was just there today on my way out to Hammond stopping at the Jerky Outlet :)

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Installed the triple hoop light bar. I will post a. Picture later today.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

1 - 20 of 25 Posts