Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Or are they just mythical beasts? I'd like to get some impressions from someone who owns one.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
I saw one on the allpro ride in Harlan. The rack looked better in person then it does from pics on there website. The rack seemed to go with the FJ very well. As far as function and durability though your guess is as good as mine.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Well, ultimate capacity will be determined by the roof...then by the structural integrity of the rack. (not saying that this rack has poor structural integrity at all...so don't misinterpret) Isn't the Allpro rack quite a bit lighter than the competition? I sure do like the look...very smooth.

·
Registered
148 Posts
click on my name then search post and check out finally pics posted.any question on installation send me a message .dont drill throw the roof .

·
Registered
148 Posts
click on my name then search post and check out finally pics posted.any question on installation send me a message .dont drill throw the roof .

·
Banned
463 Posts
Well, ultimate capacity will be determined by the roof...then by the structural integrity of the rack. (not saying that this rack has poor structural integrity at all...so don't misinterpret) Isn't the Allpro rack quite a bit lighter than the competition? I sure do like the look...very smooth.
Not sure what it weighs, but I think the ARB is something like 75 pounds. Even if the All Pro weighs 40 pounds, I think it's worth double the weight to have more capacity.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Not sure what it weighs, but I think the ARB is something like 75 pounds. Even if the All Pro weighs 40 pounds, I think it's worth double the weight to have more capacity.
Our rack weighs approx 95#. The ARB rack does not have twice the capacity. The number they put out (330#) is the racks weight capacity. The factory rates the FJ roof at 150# so thats the number we used. So I guess we lost in the marketing game anyways. We have had two 200# guys standing on our rack with no issues. We are working on some new pictures of our rack that show mounting options for mountain bikes, tote containers and Hi-lifts etc. We currently have sold 36 racks and have several in stock right now. Sorry for the lack of information out there on this rack. I feel we have done a poor job marketing this product and we are working on correcting that. We also sell ARB racks and will price match anyones price on ARB racks.

JonB

1 - 10 of 10 Posts