Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally after wanting these ever since I first purchased my FJ I got a set. It was like it was meant to be with the new filler plate style. Such a better look while making the sliders much more usable for accessing the roof.

I should have powdercoated mine, but I couldn't wait. Went with a good primer and semi-gloss black. Came out good and can always be upgraded or just touched up later. On with the pics!!:bigthumb:

The view I always wanted to see before ordering.

I dare someone to swing there door out now Muahahahaha!!!

·
Registered
832 Posts
THANK YOU for the top down view! It's soooo hard to tell how much they stick out. I want them as much for protection as I do for a step.

I currently have the Demello sliders but reallly want ones with a kickout and filler plate. Those look very good! I totally missed the group buy :mad:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Oh great, now I'm just jonesing for my set to be finished so I can pick them up. Paint looks pretty good. I'll post mine up when they get back from the powder coat.

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts
They look great JDMSi92.

I think you are much better off without the powder coat paint IMHO.

Mine are powder coated and the paint just peels off in sheets when damaged (and mine see there fair share of damage). :)

I end up touching them up with spray paint, but I doesn't match or look so good.

Having them painted like you have done will allow you to keep them touched up and looking good.

Maybe I'll have mine stripped and get some fill plates welded on.

Then I can spray paint them.

Cheers - :cheers:

-

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
Thanks for sharing JDMSi92 .... your pictures are awesome!

I want to add the filler plates to my TG's ...I wish they had the flare outs like All Pro!

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
They look great JDMSi92.

I think you are much better off without the powder coat paint IMHO.

Mine are powder coated and the paint just peels off in sheets when damaged (and mine see there fair share of damage). :)

I end up touching them up with spray paint, but I doesn't match or look so good.

Having them painted like you have done will allow you to keep them touched up and looking good.

Maybe I'll have mine stripped and get some fill plates welded on.

Then I can spray paint them.

Cheers - :cheers:

-
100% the same problem on the sliders I am replacing. Doing Paint on my All Pros, so it actually sticks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Did you get the extreme duty upgrade?

Here are the prices and specs from their web site:

PRODUCT NAME PRICE PART NO.
60" Rockguards $359.00 2004FJ-AP-KT
Extreme Duty Upgrade +$120.00 2004FJ-AP-DOM
Optional Fill Plates +$99.00 2004FJ-AP-PL
Technical Data

CATEGORY SPECIFICATION
Material: Strong .120 Wall Steel Tubing
2" OD Inner Tube
1-¾" OD Slider Tube
2" Square Tube Legs
Hardware: Metric Grade 10.9
Weight: 158.0 lbs. (pair)
Dimensions: 60" Length

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Well I'm glad to hear everyone likes the paint idea! I've been dwelling all day about if I did the wrong thing. The only thing I may change is by adding some truck bed coat on the top instead of the grip tape. I will have to see how well the paint holds up first.

Conrad--I did not get the DOM upgrade. I don't see enough rocks to justify the cost and added weight. The stock rock rails are half the strength of these and they were holding up ok for me. I just wanted the added step and tree protection.

Thanks for all the great comments and YES the fill plates make the Allpros come to life!!

Charles

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
jealous i wanted these... but i might keep it local and get some metal tech ones... but id love to see your rig sometime... see if i like the look of the all pro better :D

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If metal tech would have made a slider with a kick out I would have purchased from them hands down. Everything I see them do is how I like to work. I've always wanted a slider with a kick out and bud built was the only one that made a similar style. Allpro just made it happen for me with the killer deal!

Your more than welcome to take a look anytime you want though! I work close to the 512 freeway so PM if you want stop by and give them a look!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts