Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently in a lease and would like to get out of it once the Fj comes out. Has anyone heard if Toyota will be working extra hard to help people in my situation or am I going to get the "we will work with speech" and them just add the difference of my current loan into the Fj price ?!?!?

The reason I ask is I have a friend who is buying the new Commander and they paid off what he owed on his 04 lease Dodge Ram without screwing him...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Alot of factors here....Kind of car that you have, number of years left on lease, etc. Jeep really wants to move the Commanders, which Toyota probably won't have a problem doing with a FJ.

I usually always come out of leases early, but I go from Toyota to Toyota. With a year left on a lease, a Toyota is usually at or ahead of it's lease payoff. Now if we're talking getting out of a 4 year lease with 2 years remaining, going to be difficult now matter which car you have.

The back of your lease agreement should have all the figures to allow you to actually calculate what it would cost to terminate the lease, or the Leasing company can provide you a "payoff".

·
Registered
99 Posts
if you are in a lease on a non-toyota product wanting to terminate it early on an fj.....well, god bless you.

the fj are going to sell at list, so no discout or rebates to absorb your inequity. now, if you're in a toyota it might not be so bad as they hold their value much better than the average vehicle.

may the force be with you.

·
Registered
14 Posts
bubba...let me just add to what toyotommy said...should not be too hard to get out of a lease...depending on the time left on your lease. One thing to be careful of though, some lending companies ie. US Bank, has taken out residual insuarnce on your lease. and that assures them that if the value of the car at lease termination has dropped lower than expected residual, they will not loose money. But, if you terminate the lease early, then they have paid for this insurance and will loose the money. So guess what? They will charge that "insurance policy" money back to you on top of the remaining payments owed.
Just be careful when doing this....like I said it totally depends on the leaseing company. SETF/World OMNI does not do this and I would guess TMCC does not do it either.

·
Registered
429 Posts
My SETF Story

Turned in a 2010 RAV 4 off of lease - excellent condition, only 25K miles in 3 years. Inspection person came out and did an inspection and took photos of the car.

A week later, I get a bill in the mail. They tried to charge me $70 for a small 3" vinyl window sticker, quoting "Excessive Wear and Tear". It took 2 seconds to peal off the vinyl window sticker, and 2 more days on the phone with SETF to get the $70 charge removed off my return bill, this after having to take photos of the window (with the sticker removed) and fax in copies of the photos, then 3 more phone calls to get the bill corrected. All this for a stupid 3" window sticker.

Crap like this makes you wonder.

·
Registered
2007 FJC 4x4.
9,927 Posts
^^^x2. Woah.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dear WarWagon:

I am sorry to hear about the experience you had with us. If you need assistance regarding your 2010 Rav4 lease, please feel free to contact me directly.

Thank you,
M. Davis
Southeast Toyota Finance
314-702-4206

My SETF Story

Turned in a 2010 RAV 4 off of lease - excellent condition, only 25K miles in 3 years. Inspection person came out and did an inspection and took photos of the car.

A week later, I get a bill in the mail. They tried to charge me $70 for a small 3" vinyl window sticker, quoting "Excessive Wear and Tear". It took 2 seconds to peal off the vinyl window sticker, and 2 more days on the phone with SETF to get the $70 charge removed off my return bill, this after having to take photos of the window (with the sticker removed) and fax in copies of the photos, then 3 more phone calls to get the bill corrected. All this for a stupid 3" window sticker.

Crap like this makes you wonder.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts