Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, did a search and found lots of threads with alternator talk. Looked at all the ones that looked like they could answer my questions, such as amps and dual batteries...but unfortunately I found nothing.

So here is the question...
Does the Nippondenso 140AMP alternator have an internal or external voltage regulator and does it have a sense terminal?

Thanks ....

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Every Car alt that I have come across from the factory in the last 10 years is internally regulated.

I don't know about a sense terminal.

·
Premium Member
6,533 Posts
Every Car alt that I have come across from the factory in the last 10 years is internally regulated.

I don't know about a sense terminal.
Make that the last 20 years.

DEWFPO

·
Registered
476 Posts
Ok, did a search and found lots of threads with alternator talk. Looked at all the ones that looked like they could answer my questions, such as amps and dual batteries...but unfortunately I found nothing.

So here is the question...
Does the Nippondenso 140AMP alternator have an internal or external voltage regulator and does it have a sense terminal?

Thanks ....
The PDF for the Charging circuit shows an internal regulator with a sense terminal. The doc name from the wiring portion of the manual is 'em0242_Charging.pdf' . I have attempted to attach it but not having done that on this board before it may not come through.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The PDF for the Charging circuit shows an internal regulator with a sense terminal. The doc name from the wiring portion of the manual is 'em0242_Charging.pdf' . I have attempted to attach it but not having done that on this board before it may not come through.
Awesome .. thanks...this was exactly what I was looking for.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts