Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We got the Aluminess front bumper installed yesterday. The installation was pretty straightforward & took about 3 hours or so. We're working on a full install write up, but I wanted to share some 'after' pics with everyone.

I REALLY love how stout & aggressive this bumper makes the FJ look, it's very cool.

What do you all think??

·
Premium Member
1,963 Posts
Simply incredible!:rocker::bigthumb: I am officially jealous of you now! Great pics! :cheers:

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
i think its a great looking bumper, i am very curious about price and wieght, the only gripe i have is that i wish vendors wouldnt feel the need to stamp their logo into the metal like that (FabFour and Demello do it too, probably other as well i think RA might), just not a fan of that.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
also, the winch lead area is positioned low, is there a reason they didnt put it where the logo is? sorry to nit pick, i really do think its a great looking bumper... congrats!

·
Registered
936 Posts
:rocker: I like this bumper alot, the stamped logo doesn't detract from the looks IMHO. I was also wondering about the low placement of the winch, do you see it as a problem? I will be checking them out at the Overland expo in a couple of weeks.

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Your new bumper looks awesome! I am curious though as to what roof rack you have inside the stock rack?

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
I do like the looks of that one. It reminds me of my Demello and thats a good thing.:rocker:
I'd love to see a profile pic.

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts
Looks great Shane...

-

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Your new bumper looks awesome! I am curious though as to what roof rack you have inside the stock rack?
That insert is from WAAG, it's the XS Rack. It's a one piece steel insert that bolts via brackets to the stock rack, it's very cool. We covered it in the July 08 issue of FJC Magazine, here's the link:
July 2008 | FJC Magazine - For FJ Cruiser Owners and Enthusiasts

Here's a link to the WAAG site:
WAAG.com : Grille Guards, Truck Racks, Plasma Cutting, Powder Coating & Tube Bending

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Looks great. How much did it weight?

·
Registered
201 Posts
You know I'm a big greenie, so I just want to make sure you recycled all the plastic from your old bumper...:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Seriously, looks great! Are you still digging around for a good deal on a winch for that thing?

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
A svelt 43lbs, about 8lbs more than the plastic bumper ;)
Wow, that's pretty amazing. Are the recovery points braced on the backside? That's a good 30% lighter then the lightest one on the market.

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Wow, that's pretty amazing. Are the recovery points braced on the backside? That's a good 30% lighter then the lightest one on the market.
The recovery points are indeed braced, each one is basically a solid piece of aluminum that goes back into the bumper a good 6-8 inches. When we take it back off to get the winch installed I'll take more pics of the back side :)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts