Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are planning on designing the rear bumper in the next couple of weeks. Right now we're trying to gauge how many people are interested in the rear bumper and if so what options you would like? Are the swing arms (shown in the picture below) of interest to anyone?

·
Premium Member
1,963 Posts
I am interested in the rear bumper, but no swing arm for me. An option for it would be nice for those who want or need it, though.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
4 cans may be a challenge to fit, but the idea is cool. But with the added cost of aluminum, I'm guessing this bumper would be $$$$$.......$
You're definitely right! The picture below shows our Tacoma rear bumper, which only fits three. We'll have to see how much room we have to work with, but is anyone interested in carrying extra fuel, a generator, water, etc. on the rear bumper?

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
I think the ability to carry extra fuel & water, and a swingout will be VERY popular. Right now there are very few options for swingout. I can't wait to see this one!

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Would be nice to have a spot built in to mount a Hi-lift, shovel, axe or other similar tools also.
X2. Durability, clearance, and functionality is very important to me. Interested. If we can get the tire off the rear door, that's even better. I don't like how it weights it down.

·
Registered
8,951 Posts
Not a bad pricebreak on the rear one !... :bigthumb:..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Will it retain the stock receiver hitch?

·
Registered
62 Posts
I would be very interested!
The things my rear bumper must have:
spare tire swingout
extra fuel and water mount/swingout
recessed back-up light mounts (lights optional)
cannot interfere with factory hitch
must provide license plate mount with light
prefer shackle mounts

The Takoma looks to fit that bill...just replace the lock box and water carrier with a tire swingout that will accomodate 35"ers.

So...yes, I'm interested...very intersted.:rocker:

·
Emeritus Moderator
6,484 Posts
You're definitely right! The picture below shows our Tacoma rear bumper, which only fits three. We'll have to see how much room we have to work with, but is anyone interested in carrying extra fuel, a generator, water, etc. on the rear bumper?
Thats a VERY nice rear bumper! I like it! :cheers:

Mike

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
More option we have better it is for us. I am interested. Looks like rear bumper had a lot more interest. Thank you for more options.

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
What can I say, I Like It!!! Just give me the looks and the ability to mount a swing out tire mount and maybe some fuel and water cans. It would be nice to have optional bike rack and a generator.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts