Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to see if anyone else might have had this problem. I'm sure depending on what bumper and winch setup people get, has anyone out there had to reconfigure and bend the aluminum air conditioning line in front of the radiator to have their winch fit. Well, mine needed to be bent for the winch to fit and now the edge of the bumper has sliced a large enough cut in the line for the freon to leak out. I'm assuming it must have happened after a weekend of wheeling at Badlands. I was hitting the sand dunes pretty hard. Now, has anyone else ever experienced this or have an opinion on it. Thank You. Erik

·
Premium Member
1,657 Posts
This has happened to people before. Check out some of the install threads and most mention it. Several people started threads about breaking the line as well. The instructions for my Fab Four bumper noted the need to relocate/bend it and then protect it.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Despite bending it out of the way, it managed to be worn through by the Demello bumper. When I replaced it, I covered it in hose line. No problems since then.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks for info Sky, Safety Dave, AZ FJ, and 1911. I tried searching first and came up with nothing. I found it hard to believe I was the only one this happened to. Thanks again and hope to see all of you at the Summit. Erik

·
Premium Member
7,734 Posts
Anyone have the part number for this hose? My local dealer want $190.00.
Thats cheaper than some I've heard quoted.
Bring it to a radiator shop or the like, they can weld it for an eighth of the price.

·
Premium Member
6,489 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,045 Posts
P/N 88710-35660 Tube, Condenser/Evaporator

1 - 13 of 13 Posts