Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am fixing to install a CB in my FJ. My question, I will be making my own style mount for the Antenne, can I machine it out of a solid chunk of 7075 aluminum bar stock or does it need to be steel for grounding purposes ???

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Aluminum conducts fine as long as you take care of contact oxidization. I can't see any reason why it wouldn't work. Possibly one of the "CB dudes" knows a reason not to use AL. Ron

I am fixing to install a CB in my FJ. My question, I will be making my own style mount for the Antenne, can I machine it out of a solid chunk of 7075 aluminum bar stock or does it need to be steel for grounding purposes ???

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
71 Posts
I made mine out of $6.00 steel from Home Depot. I just used a vise and kept the steel long so that I could bend. once bent to the correct form I welded a washer to it, could have used Gorilla Glue but I had a welder handy. I have used it for a couple months now and it is great.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts