1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Looks like it! or use a hose clamp:lol:

·
Registered
610 Posts
Wow good find... unless it's too good to be true.
They had a pic of a one piece and a two piece, i couldn't see how you choose between them there on the website but you definitely want two piece collars

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
definately the 2 piece one is needed of course......I am figuring these gotto work I mean one of the posts above said to just use hose clamps, and that is not the first time I have seen that answer also

·
Premium Member
6,921 Posts
Those would work great.

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
Any collar should work.. Lots of stuff is like that. Someone locates the standard part somewhere, buys and then sells them as a FJ (or whatever) part at 500% markup.. Ron

PS: I'm not saying that's entirely bad or that you intend to do that, just a comment on merchandising

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
AL is great stuff, within it's operational limits. Shine it up a little with a buffing wheel and clearcoat it.. My favorite finish for AL is a light sand/bead blasting followed by clearcoat. Ron
I have painted steel ones on right now so AL would be great.

·
Registered
856 Posts
these are the same diameter......and cost about $7 bucks.....would these work???

Unsupported Browser: Reid Supply Company
Just to give you another resource to compare to, p/n 6436K143 from McMaster-Carr they want $8.70 each. I think they increased price due to the price of metals going up, they used to be $7.92. Sounds like your source is legit. The Aluminum ones are less expensive than the steel/stainless steel ones for sure. The 304 SS are $18 each and the 316L are $37 each. Good Luck, Doc

·
Registered
499 Posts
Anybody try either one of these?

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
i may have to try some of these collars out. while installing my front bumper, i noticed that my sway bar is shifted towards the passenger side, which seems to be causing the sway bar to rub against my coilover spring on the driver's side whenever i make a right turn. i can barely fit a pencil in the space between the sway bar and my driver's side coilover.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I ordered the Reid Supply one's yesterday and at checkout it wouldn't give me a total for shipping and handling so I said WTH how high can it be...right. Thinking probably a few bucks but no more than $5. Well they just sent me the complete invoice and S&H was $9.91 not that this is outrageous but I just thought everyone would want to know. I guess overall it is still like buying one from other sources. Total Invoice for 2 collars shipped from IL to TN was $23.75

I hope they work!

·
Registered
856 Posts
I bought the 304 SS versions here in town for less than $30 out the door. You can find these shaft collars at any industrial power transmission/bearing supply house. They should have them in stock and tend to have decent pricing.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts