Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure there are threads somewhere. I wasn't able to find one. And it took me almost an hour to finally find the relay I needed. They did a poor job imo labeling this relay. But I guess DC skt relay means DC socket relay. I did my wife's 2019 sequoia in 5 minutes. Toyota seemed to not want FJ owners moding the relay to the one and only outlet they provided. Lol. Pictures are all stolen from Google. I'll post a 4runner thread showing you how to keep the relay in the closed position so it'll work while the ignition is off. I cut the tip of a zip tie and pushed it under the contact, lifting the bottom contact that would normally get sucked up when powered. Make sure the 2 sides are contacting. If not you'll need a thicker piece of whatever you decide to use. It's very hard to see the relay. But if you lay down and put your head to the break pedal. You'll see a row of blue relays on the back side of the fuse box. It's the very top blue relay. You don't need to see to put it back. Just follow the existing 3 relays and push in.

https://www.4runners.com/threads/always-hot-power-outlets-pictures.665/

Sorry if it's illegal to post links to other forums.

Attachments

·
Desert Moderator
5,659 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts