Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Love the cement. Gorgeous colour and condition. Mileage is nice. I like its mostly stock. Given its previous history in NY/PA/Ohio etc, I would check undercarriage for rusts.

Carfax shows 3 owners already. Looks like first owner was all about Toyota dealer maintenance, and 2nd owner liked the quick lube places.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Love the cement grey. Right there with the Army green as my 1 & 1A.
Check it out thoroughly. Do your research and see it or have someone you trust go through it in person.
Definitely look for the rust and ther service records if you can.
Try to use their probably slower sales and any other chip you have to get the best price you can.
Sometimes the heart wants what the heart wants.
Good Luck. God Bless.

·
Premium Member
12,202 Posts
That is a great colour combo! If you do pick it up - check the wiring on the 2 12v ports.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Nice. Wish I would have seen one this clean when I was shopping for mine. As the others said, check for rust before you even consider it.

·
Registered
2013 Trail Teams
19 Posts
That is a great colour combo! If you do pick it up - check the wiring on the 2 12v ports.

Nice rig, I have a 2013 TT same color. You will love it!
I noticed some of the engine bolts have rust, as everyone has said spend time looking at the underside. I liked this comment in the description
*RARE FIND....CEMENT 2014 4RUNNER. Good luck!

<>< <>< <>< <*((^(((><

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
the total lack of underbody photos and engine photos in that ad makes me wonder about what you will find when viewing it in person...

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Like others have said, check for rust on underside. Pictures look pretty clean for the interior and topside. I can tell you I would have to be desperate to buy ANY vehicle that has been operated in the upper midwest during the winter time. And if I am paying a premium price, I wouldnt even consider buying from this part of the country. I consider the $27K price to be a premium price on a used vehicle. See my explanation below.

Also I just cant stand dealer thinking and mentality. I bought my brand new 2010 FJ Cruiser for $29500 in Nov 2009. List price was something like $31K. Had all the same options as this one. Not sure how much the list price grew in that time, but lets say no more than 3% per year which would at the max put it about $34.9k....and assuming same discount from list...could buy for $33.2K...maybe even cheaper because sales were down each and every year for the FJ before they finally discontinued in 2014.

And, my point is the dealer publishes this BS..."$31,995 List Price" and then I will generously give a $4,997 discount to bring it to a price of $27K for a 6 year old vehicle with 73K miles that probably cost $33K brand new. Heck why not make a list price of $45K and then give a $18K discount to show how "generous" of a deal you are providing. Does anybody fall for this stuff on used vehicles? I guess they must since these used car dealers are using these tactics.

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
If it didn't work, they wouldn't all do it, all of the time, ever since there were horses.

The thing is, buyers of cars are emotional. Dealers are not, they are geared to making money from the deal.

·
トヨタ Master
7,619 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
"Looks clean"

Remember the dealer will have had it detailed. A used car from a dealer will tend to look like it has never even been used, it will be so clean (on top). Another emotional appeal they use, which is very effective. :)

·
Premium Member
12,202 Posts
Looking at the pictures again - I do like that they did not go hog wild on detailing the engine bay, upon taking a better look at the bay you can see there is rust on hose clamps and fasteners.
For a late model low mile FJ it is unusual and could be sign.

·
Registered
8 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts