Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am running 275/65-16 on my FJ and when I turn all the way to one side I get a weird whining sound. Am I experiencing rubbing? Or what is it? It is completely new to me and I have had these new tires on for like 2K miles. It kind of sounds like rattling.

·
Registered
28 Posts
if it is a whining noise with the wheels completely turned it could be you power steering pump whining.. dont turn them all the way til it stops

·
Registered
212 Posts
i dont know but i have stock wheels 17' with bfg mudterrain km2, 285/70/17 and im not rubbing i have no lift or wheel spacers, lets see what other forums member can say, :p

·
Premium Member
480 Posts
Can you be any more vague...

Is it when you turn left or right? Do you hear it all the time? Is it only during certain situations, like turning fast...Slow...Up a hill? etc...

It could be a power steering issue, but could be as easy as a loose belt.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry about being super vague. But I am having trouble replicating it, I tried today. I was turning left quickly on a flat surface if that helps. Happened turning right before too. Worse part is that I can feel the wheel bind when I am backing up and turning the wheel all the way to the left or right when parallel parking on the street (one way street).

·
Premium Member
480 Posts
Ok, not to insult you...But you're not driving around in 4H are you (4WD)? It should be in 2H.

Also, you were in a wreck recently? As per your other posts...

·
Premium Member
8,988 Posts
If your tire is rubbing you should easily be able to see rub marks on the body mount area behind the front tires.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts