1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
647 Posts
This is the second time this vehicle has been listed. I think it sold for 22K or so, the first time around... It did get a Hell of a lot of bids, though... Maybe the deal fell out and the owner's thinkin' : ' maybe I sold it too cheap?' ... But it is the nicest one I've seen for sale, outside of TLC. But for that kinda money, I could get my FJC loaded, lift it, bumper and winch it, DRIVE IT ! But Charlie don't surf, man. :cool:

·
Premium Member
8,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Spike Strip said:
This is the second time this vehicle has been listed. I think it sold for 22K or so, the first time around... It did get a Hell of a lot of bids, though... Maybe the deal fell out and the owner's thinkin' : ' maybe I sold it too cheap?' ... But it is the nicest one I've seen for sale, outside of TLC. But for that kinda money, I could get my FJC loaded, lift it, bumper and winch it, DRIVE IT ! But Charlie don't surf, man. :cool:
Yeah I recognized it from before. Know what though? I think this is a different seller. I think someone bought it and resold it right away, and is going to make a killing.....

·
Registered
647 Posts
Might be a diff seller. But it's the exact same pictures and location... I remember 'cuz I was seriously thinking about making an offer, but was going to go look at it first, 'cuz Manhatten Beach is about 30 mi from me...

In any case, it's a hell of a lot a money for an fj40... even as nice as this one... I think you can get one from TLC for the same price with a warranty. It'll be interesting to see what it goes for... Frankly, even at 22K, what I was prepared to pay, it's not worth it. I wouldn't ever drive the thing off road! I'd be too damn scared to scratch it!

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
someone from japan will probably buy it. dam japanese always buying up all of our stuff!!!! oh wait, it's a toyota. my bad.

:eek:

if you saw the edmunds video there was a spot where they were saying that a fully restored collector could fetch as much as 60k. i just remembered that after watching the video for the 100th time today.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts