Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Guys,

Here is my current setup. I have an Avic D3 running all the speakers in the cabin. I have the OEM Subwoofer in the back.

i bought a new sub enclosure, 10 inch sub (400RMS) and a powerbass 600.4x amp. I want to use the amp to power the sub and the front speakers.

I want to bridge two channels for the subwoofer and then use the other two channels for the front speakers. I am going to run new speaker wires for front door speakers (I replaced them with nice 6x9's last year so for now I'm gonna keep using them) and route to amp. I'm going to run new wire for sub and route those to the amp.

Here is my question(s):
I am not sure how the amp would wire to the Avic D3's RCA Harness. The harness has a subwoofer out, rear output and front output.

Here is the back and front of the amp:

Here is the RCA wiring harness

The speaker wiring seems fairly obvious, I'm gonna bridge channel 1 and 2 for the sub and then take channels 3 and 4 for the fronts. I hope that's right.

What is confusing me is how would I wire from the amp to the Avic's RCA harness?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Les

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Take the subwoofer RCA outputs from the Avic and plug those into ch 1 and 2 on the amp. Then take the front RCA speaker outputs front the Avic and plug them into ch 3 and 4 on the amp. That should be it :cheers:

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Take the subwoofer RCA outputs from the Avic and plug those into ch 1 and 2 on the amp. Then take the front RCA speaker outputs front the Avic and plug them into ch 3 and 4 on the amp. That should be it :cheers:

I guess that was what was confusing me. I thought that each channel would have its own Red and White input on the amp but when you look at the amp it has a white input for channel one, a red one for channel 2, etc.

Les

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
I guess that was what was confusing me. I thought that each channel would have its own Red and White input on the amp but when you look at the amp it has a white input for channel one, a red one for channel 2, etc.

Les
That's because channel 1 is front left, channel 2 is front right, etc. Each speaker only receives one channel of audio input, so that overall you get a stereo effect. You don't want left and right audio both being sent to the passenger speaker, only right. The subwoofer does have both a L and R channel.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's because channel 1 is front left, channel 2 is front right, etc. Each speaker only receives one channel of audio input, so that overall you get a stereo effect. You don't want left and right audio both being sent to the passenger speaker, only right. The subwoofer does have both a L and R channel.

Of course it makes sense when you say it!!! :cheers:

Quick question about running the remote wire and power to the amp. I've read to run them on different sides of the truck to minimize noise/interferance. Is that true?

Also, any recomendations on a good amp wiring kit? I've seen from 15 bucks to over 100.

Thanks,

Les

1 - 6 of 6 Posts