Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry guys! Forgot to post here first.

Long time FJ worshipper.

First time FJ Owner.

Previous rigs:

'72 Chevy Blazer- No offense to "FJames" but I kinda miss "Blaze..."
'88 Chevy S-10 Blazer - Took this to Moab... STOCK! Tore it apart!

Obviously, I'm a Chevy boy at heart. This is my first Toy, though, I've seen many of my friends Toy rigs in the past, and those things were BEASTS! Always intruiged me!

Ever since these debuted at the auto shows, I have LOVED the FJ's. Finally got the money in place, and got to a place in my life where I could buy one. I've been researching them for the past 9 mos or so, just to make sure I got one that had all the options I wanted.

Last November, I had the PERFECT one in my sites. 2007, black on black, manual, TRD rims/tires combo, had every button full in that little cluster, LOW miles... Thing was GREAT! Back then, the boss (AKA, My Wife) didn't realize how much these really were worth. He was asking WELL below retail, but I couldn't talk her into it. Here we are three months later, and even SHE'S kicking herself now. Still found a great one, though!

2008 (white top, FOR NOW) Black Diamond, lifted, tires, rims, stereo, stock locker, A-TRAC (Anyone really use this? Or do mods physically remove it?), decent miles. All in all, a great rig. Needs some adjusting before I start REALLY modding it (didn't even come with a stock rack! WTFreak?), but it will work for now. Sad thing is... first day driving it to my day job... FLAT TIRE! And me with a lifted rig, and no hi-lift jack! Needless to say, I'll be picking that up SOON (with no place to put it, since I don't have a RACK!)!

I thought the smaller windows would take some getting use to, but by the end of the first day (that's last Thursday), I was absolutely LOVING every bit of it (besides the three windshield wipers in two different sizes... ugh)!

Anywho, looking forward to testing this thing out around here before I attempt anything like Moab. Let me know if anyone wants to school me on FJ Cruising! Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,360 Posts
Welcome here! Got pics?

·
Premium Member
16,788 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Hello and welcome! Better to be able to buy the rack you want (no offense to the boss) and three wipers rule. When a mini van comes out with three wipers then I'll puke.

·
Registered
936 Posts
:wave: Welcome! Check out the Utah Cruisers for some local knowledge and you need to go to this years FJ Summit in Ouray. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
Congrats & Welcome!

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Welcome! I'll be the dude in the stock green FJ w/ red “TEQ” and Navy Jack stickers on the back waving to you (since I wave to all FJ’s and NEVER get a wave back).

·
Premium Member
3,360 Posts
Welcome! I'll be the dude in the stock green FJ w/ red “TEQ” and Navy Jack stickers on the back waving to you (since I wave to all FJ’s and NEVER get a wave back).
Hmmmm, I rarely get waved back at too. Well, at least I know if I'm ever in your area I will!

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
WELCOME!:wave:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts