Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,534 Posts
No one that I've heard of. If you don't have a second battery or air compressor mounted on the rear of the passenger's side fender that is a decent location. Behind the front bumper is good but if you get in a front fender bender you may not be driving it home. If you keep the oil lines lower then the oil filter adapter, the lines will stay full of oil when the engine is shut off so that on startup you won't be pumping into empty lines before the engine gets oil. There might be someplace on the frame on the driver's side of the motor but I haven't researched it well enough to know yet.

DEWFPO

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
I'm looking into these systems too. I have very little.... like zero extra space under the hood though. I've seen other dual filter systems that basically just screw a Y-shaped adapter so you can use two filters. I'll let you know if and when I find something out.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts
Forget about locating it where it is shown in the Amsoil link on the Taco (if you're planning on installing rock rails on your FJ, that is).

I've always been a proponent of keeping more clean oil in engines, as contaminants in oil break it down quicker and viscosity suffers. But with today's higher quality of oils, and if the oil is changed often enough, the need for an additional filter becomes less of an issue...

Good idea for those that want to stretch an oil change, but I'll just change the oil every 4K miles...

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
I would try to keep it inside engine bay...using fenderwell or firewall to mount it..... or just keep the regular setup and go to an Amsoil filter...

Good luck and post pics if you get it done....and send in your results so it can be posted on AMSOIL for any others.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts