Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not here to try and sell or convince you to use AMSOIL products but know that many use the products and heard comments on the AMSOIL EAA high flow air filter not being available for FJ Cruiser for a while.

I just wanted to let everyone know that the filter is now once again ONLINE and searchable through the Application Guide.

2007/2008 FJ Cruiser both use EAA238 air filter, EA 057 oil filter, and WIX 24875 cabin filters.

They do not yet have all the information for both 2007 and 2008 merged to be identical but between the two you can find everything you need whether oil, plugs, coolant, brake fluid, etc.

If you already have an account or a dealer then you can order them to be shipped at your convenience. Thanks and good luck and hope to see you on the trail.

AMSOIL PRODUCTS

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
even use in my push lawnmower...low speed so not a lot of air movement at the speed my big a$$ is pushing during our 90*F summers to cut grass....LOL

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
ok why are these filters so good? please explain.....I have a TRD air filter but the thought of having to oil and clean is bothering me.....are these slip in and vacume clean?

dont know to much about filters.....I want the best filter with the least amount of maintnance.....is this it?

·
Registered
42 Posts
dude you cant get much easier than the TRD cold air intake filter. Just stick with the one you got. Its HONESTLY not that hard people to oil a filter! Driving in everyday traffic is 10 times harder than cleaning a damn air filter!

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the amsoil filter is not the oil type...it is a dry filter. it is up there with the finest filters made of dry fiber setup that allows high flow rate and great filtering capability and replaces the oem filter element that came in the stock air intake.

if using the TRD setup or another aftermarket such as Volant, AFE, etc....then recommend using what they offer. I am partial to the PRO7 with the Volant in that setup. If running stock airbox....I recommend getting the AMSOIL and a better exhaust like the Magnaflow to increase breathing and exhaust flow. I have the K&N on my motorcycle with the oil setup and both work well...I just prefer the AMSOIL dry setup. It is a washable and reusable setup as well so it is well worth the money...

Do some research and just pick what you feel more comfortable with...but all filters are not created equal. OEM is worried about emissions testing for EPA and such.... Some others only concentrate on maximum airflow at expense of ability to filter air sufficiently. A good compromise between efficiency and filtering is the best bet...and according to your driving habits.

·
Premium Member
6,512 Posts
Have a friend who gets a discount buy one for you. I have a commercial account so I just picked one up for $24.05 but I combined it with more items so the shipping is spread out. Unfortunately, their still one of the few online stores that charge sales tax for some strange reason.

DEWFPO

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Here is how I have my customers get it cheaper. I have them go to my website...click on link and pay for a 6 month or 12 month Preferred Customer membership...cost you $10 and $20 respectively. Then when you buy your air filter, oil filter, oil, etc...you pay the same cost as a Dealer and it is shipped directly to your front door. I recommend all my customers become Preferred Customers to save themselves some money and give them the ability of doing it all themselves. If you only buy one or two items a year it might not be worth it...but if you change oil twice a year....with oil filters...and then buy the airfilter that is a reuseable filter....and work out the cost it is very much worthwhile. More so if you have another vehicle or motorcycle you may need items for.

This pricing is good for the AMSOIL products, NGK, Trico, Mothers Car Care, etc.

If you need any help just drop me a PM or email and will be glad to walk you through it or work out your savings...but from personal experience with getting guys to buy their motorcycle filters and oil through me....it pays for itself the first time you do it. Once you decide to become a Preferred Customer the order you place will automatically give you the preferred pricing there on the spot during your application process.

As for the Sales Tax...if a store has a retail point in your state they are suppose to pay sales tax...that is why some say no sales tax unless you live in NY or VA or wherever they are located. Since AMSOIL strictly sells through its independent dealer network they have RETAIL LOCATIONS in every state...so that is how they stay within guidelines of IRS and keep everyone out of jail. Sorry...but Good luck....and let me know if you want any information or help. Even if you decide to go elsewhere...I am here to help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts