Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my FJ back from the dealer. 3rd time for the check engine lights coming on. At first I thought it was from a faulty LSD senser BUT, now it has been corrected.

Seems it was a faulty O2 senser in the catalytic converter.

If you are having trouble with the check engine light have your dealer check ALL O2 sensers. As the problem WAS NOT turning the gas cap harder.lol

voodoo doc

·
Registered
961 Posts
Wow I wonder why they could not figure that one out the 1st time? The O2 sensors are one of the main reasons we all have computers on board now. There are several codes in there for those guys. Hmmm. Perhaps another dealer would be better at this sort of diagnostic in the future..

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow I wonder why they could not figure that one out the 1st time? The O2 sensors are one of the main reasons we all have computers on board now. There are several codes in there for those guys. Hmmm. Perhaps another dealer would be better at this sort of diagnostic in the future..
I don't know the answer to that one, except nothing pointing in the direction of 02 sensors. I also found out the dealer also replaced the catalytic converter. So.lets hope the lights stay off for good.

·
Registered
64 Posts
If it's an O2 sensor, it shows up in the code, I had the gascap problem.. got a new one and problem was gone.. well up to now.. fingers crossed.

·
Registered
103 Posts
02 sensors don't always throw a specific 02 sensor code, sometimes its an engine running lean or rich code or even a misfire code than can be caused by a faulty (read as malfunctioning) 02 sensor. If the sensor fails completely you usually get a specific 02 sensor code.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have recently read a thread that makes alot of sense. I had a 2.5 front leveling kit put on. If the LSD light is on then all the lights come on. With my new cat converter I had the front end done. All lights are off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts