Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

961 - 964 of 964 Posts

·
Premium Member
766 Posts
I agree that the Joying units have quality issues as well as interface problems that the big three work out for users.

However carplay and android auto are severely limited in application. Joying units have no such limitations, very customizable, totally open.

With the feature set growing so quickly, for my personal use I don't see the value in paying significantly more for a unit that would last 5 years longer.

Better sound quality would be the greatest reason, an aging touch interface head unit that lasts 10 years+ not so much. Imagine using the phone you had 8 years ago (circa iPhone 4)...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Pre ordering I was asked year make and model. The ensured me they would send a compatible harness. The harness I was sent was not the universal Toyota harness. The order and process was DIRECT from JOYING.
Did you ever solve the issue? I had a similar experience. The receiving pins on my car are small and only the steering plug seems to work. I ordered the unit specifying year, model, trim, everything but I think I received the wrong harness. I went on the website to find out if there was an harness I could buy but the two options seem to have the same large flat pins. I am very green on H/U wiring and I only got into this because I thought it would be a plug and play, which is not. Thank you for any help!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Did you ever solve the issue? I had a similar experience. The receiving pins on my car are small and only the steering plug seems to work. I ordered the unit specifying year, model, trim, everything but I think I received the wrong harness. I went on the website to find out if there was an harness I could buy but the two options seem to have the same large flat pins. I am very green on H/U wiring and I only got into this because I thought it would be a plug and play, which is not. Thank you for any help! View attachment 1118981
View attachment 1118978 View attachment 1118979
PS: the above issue solved as Joying had forgotten to ship the correct harness.

961 - 964 of 964 Posts