Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Tiffany talked me into going tubing at Mountain High in Wrightwood, CA for Christmas Day. When we got there we decided that it wasn't worth the price and we didn't have enough time to go snowboarding. After much thought we deciced to take a short drive down one of the US Forest Trails in the Angeles National Forest. The trail we selected, was 4N12 off of Big Pines Highway (34º23.663N 117º43.824W). The trail head is on the south side of the road about 2 miles east of Largo Vista. If you pass the pond on the south side you have gone to far.

Once we entered the tail we went to the left. We could see and hear the people playing in the snow at the pond below. Trail was narrow at points but still enough room for the FJ to use. There was snow and mud a long the way. We didn't do the whole trail because I wasn't certain how long it was or where it ended. We just wanted to have some fun in the FJ. The FJ did very good climbing the snow covered trail and we even stopped along the way to have some fun in the snow for ourselves.

Attachments

·
Registered
586 Posts
See you don't need a lift ticket if you have the FJ, but it is one expensive season ticket 28000. This last weekend I also got to experience some snow, the fj handles really well, I was going through some deep powder too. Nice pics glad you had fun.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
See you don't need a lift ticket if you have the FJ, but it is one expensive season ticket 28000. This last weekend I also got to experience some snow, the fj handles really well, I was going through some deep powder too. Nice pics glad you had fun.
Yes, but it is hard to drive with a snowboard attached to my feet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts