Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally picked it up today...

I live in the SF Bay Area, took a one-way flight down to Burbank, picked up my FJ, and drove it home today. Needless to say, I'm STOKED!!!

It's a 2008 Trail Teams, manual transmission...only 22K miles on it. The previous owner added the roof rack, passenger arm rest, towing hitch, and parrot blue-tooth (which came in very handy for the long drive back up north).

Simple and plain: I LOVE IT!!! and all I wanted to do on my drive home was take it up every single mountain/hill in sight!! haha

It's been raining here, but I managed to take one pic from my phone while I made a pit stop at In-N-Out.

Looking forward to connecting with the Nor-Cal squad...would love to hear about some amateur tracks for my stock Trail Teams, as I have never truly been off-roading before.

Cheers,

Muddrucker :rocker:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Looks great! Congrats & Welcome!

·
Premium Member
1,491 Posts
Shes a beauty. Congratz and have fun!!

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Aloha from Burbank! I have never seen an 08 TT in town, where in Burbank did you pick her up?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Congrats on the new ride!

Enjoy.....Iceberg is the way to go!

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
:wave: Welcome

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
Congrats on the rig!

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
WELCOME!:wave:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Aloha from Burbank! I have never seen an 08 TT in town, where in Burbank did you pick her up?
It was actually in Camarillo. I flew into Burbank and then drove an hour to get to Camarillo. The seller was a Sales Manager at the BMW dealership and this was his personal vehicle. He's about to start heading up the operations for the Mini dealership next door, so he wanted to sell this in order to get a tricked-out, race-ready Mini Cooper. What a swing. Needless to say, he was sad to let it go. But, due to his experience, he took great care of the FJ. It's immaculate and still under warranty for another 2 months+. I think I'm going to get the extended warranty for peace of mind...which I guess I can while still under the original warranty.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
It was actually in Camarillo. I flew into Burbank and then drove an hour to get to Camarillo. The seller was a Sales Manager at the BMW dealership and this was his personal vehicle. He's about to start heading up the operations for the Mini dealership next door, so he wanted to sell this in order to get a tricked-out, race-ready Mini Cooper. What a swing. Needless to say, he was sad to let it go. But, due to his experience, he took great care of the FJ. It's immaculate and still under warranty for another 2 months+. I think I'm going to get the extended warranty for peace of mind...which I guess I can while still under the original warranty.
Too cool! I've seen threads on the forum about getting extended warranties for really good prices, check around I'm sure you'll see it.

This one has a few names. http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/newbie-discussions/118835-extended-warranty.html

·
Registered
110 Posts
Well, I finally picked it up today...

I live in the SF Bay Area, took a one-way flight down to Burbank, picked up my FJ, and drove it home today. Needless to say, I'm STOKED!!!

It's a 2008 Trail Teams, manual transmission...only 22K miles on it. The previous owner added the roof rack, passenger arm rest, towing hitch, and parrot blue-tooth (which came in very handy for the long drive back up north).

Simple and plain: I LOVE IT!!! and all I wanted to do on my drive home was take it up every single mountain/hill in sight!! haha

It's been raining here, but I managed to take one pic from my phone while I made a pit stop at In-N-Out.

Looking forward to connecting with the Nor-Cal squad...would love to hear about some amateur tracks for my stock Trail Teams, as I have never truly been off-roading before.

Cheers,

Muddrucker :rocker:
i love the white...even though mine is all black lol! Looks sick and Im super jealous about In-n-out...Im from CA originally and I miss that place like no other....anywho. Congrats on the new ride!!!

·
FJ Expeditions R Us
4,084 Posts
Congrats and welcome! Enjoy!

cheers,

dale

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Congratulations on the ride. Always enjoyable to take the first ride as a long rode trip. Mine was from Lincoln, NE to Denver. Enjoy.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Too cool! I've seen threads on the forum about getting extended warranties for really good prices, check around I'm sure you'll see it.

This one has a few names. http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/newbie-discussions/118835-extended-warranty.html
Thanks Fragle!! My cousin is actually the Sales Manager at Toyota Marin here in NorCal, and he mentioned I could get an extended warranty from him that won't include a deductible. I'll get the scoop on pricing and will share it with everyone.

Speaking of my cousin, if anyone wants the royal treatment and an actual fair and reasonable sales experience, let me know and I'll set you up with him. Tough to find a good stealership these days!!

:cheers:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts