Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 trails team, its never seen dirt and it will pretty much be a mall-crawler here in Chicago. The suspension feels pretty darn good the way it is, but to low in front. I like some rake, but with the roof line, etc. it just looks off. Soo, in my research you have different ways to go about raising the front. You can add 5100's, springs, spacers, etc. Now here's the thing, I want some rake. I measured and I'm at 1.4 inches lower in the front. I have found 1/2" spacers on fleebay which will give an inch lift which I think will be perfect looking. Yes, its all about the looks. Here's the link. I emailed the company about how these install and have not heard back. I have not found another 1" spacer anywhere which concerns me because of how it might install. Most spacers have bolts/nuts where you attach it to the top of the strut, then more bolts securing it to the body. This just looks like a spacer with three holes, and I'm not sure if it goes on top, or do I have to remove the springs from the housing? I'm guessing the latter because putting it on top wouldn't leave enough threads to secure to the body? Heck, I don't know, that's why I'm asking.
Thx
[SR] 1" Front Leveling Spacer Lift Kit FOR 05-18 Tacoma & FJ Cruiser 4WD 2WD BLK | eBay

·
Registered
132 Posts
Description says it includes all hardware and general instructions. Should give you the longer bolts you need for installation.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They finally got back to me. Yep, includes extended length top plate studs. Ignore my post, carry on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts