Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I just got back from picking up my Truck from Jim at Inchworm.

Very nice guy and very impressive work. I am the first to try marlin's new 30spline chromoly output shaft in the FJC and in an Inchworm. It is HUGE!!

Awesome ratio now and a twin stick cause I'm going SAC next fall.

Attachments

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice! Make sure to report back on how the Marlin output shaft holds up.
10:4 Will do! Jim couldn't believe how giant it was. He was stoked I brought that thing up to try. Will give you an update soon.

·
Premium Member
4,828 Posts
I'll echo what Lee said. I love it but some behind get grumpy because I'm taking my time (as in control) going through the obstacle.

Enjoy and looking forward to hear how it works for you.

Now, all you have to do is give Bud a call so it looks like this underneath...

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll echo what Lee said. I love it but some behind get grumpy because I'm taking my time (as in control) going through the obstacle.

Enjoy and looking forward to hear how it works for you.

Now, all you have to do is give Bud a call so it looks like this underneath...

I tried working with Bud from Cali (great guy!)
Unfortunately he couldn't help me with plates at the time because I have the Pro Comp 6' Stage II and he didn't want to build strictly off meausurments and had nothing in his vicinity with that lift 2 years ago. I have 2 sweet plate fabricated by the same guy out here at EXORR who did my half doors and is doing my roll cage!! Looks about the same.

·
Premium Member
4,828 Posts
I tried working with Bud from Cali (great guy!)
Unfortunately he couldn't help me with plates at the time because I have the Pro Comp 6' Stage II and he didn't want to build strictly off meausurments and had nothing in his vicinity with that lift 2 years ago. I have 2 sweet plate fabricated by the same guy out here at EXORR who did my half doors and is doing my roll cage!! Looks about the same.
I think you might have missed that its not just about the plates, its about the Lefty with a new transmission crossmember. That opens up all the space gained with the Lefty install = almost 4" more clearance under there...

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I think you might have missed that its not just about the plates, its about the Lefty with a new transmission crossmember. That opens up all the space gained with the Lefty install = almost 4" more clearance under there...
HA HA HA HA Oh man, I read this too early in the morning obviously! The bud built stickers were just staring me in the face I guess. Yeah, guess that's what the tape measure is for! Gheez! My bad.

·
Premium Member
4,828 Posts
HA HA HA Oh man, I read this too early in the morning obviously! The bud built stickers were just staring me in the face I guess. Yeah, guess that's what the tape measure is for! Gheez! My bad.
No worries, Bud was very alert to the fact I would be posting pics of this new piece of fabrication and can't miss a marketing opportunity.

Here is the whole thread on what he termed the "tummy tuck"...
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/foru...getting-tummy-tuck-graphic-pics-included.html

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, the tummy tuck looks like a great call. I will be looking in to that right after my roll cage is done!!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice! Make sure to report back on how the Marlin output shaft holds up.
Working Awesome. Beating it up something fierce this season...Still got Rubicon, Swamp, and Dusy Irshim too!!!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
1 - 12 of 12 Posts