Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greetings All. Name is Ray. Live in North Central FLorida in a small town named Fanning Springs. I work in a neighboring town called Chiefland where I am a Police Captain with our little department. 46, married to an absolutely wonderful wife whom I still cannot believe puts up with me after 17 years. Two grown kids. Oldest is a son who is currently serving as a FMF Corpsman stationed at Kenoa, Kanoe, Ksomething in Hawai (Poor thing) where he is loving life as a "Devil Doc". Fair warning, I am a proud dad, so there may be more than one occasion where I will capitalize on an opportunity to brag on my kids... Anyway, youngest turns 20 (My God I am getting old) in just a few days. She still lives near by and is dating a young man whom I have not developed the necessity to help disappear as of yet, however, the hole is dug and standing by. She works with our local Rape Crisis Center as a sexual violence outreach advocate. She loves her job, but hates it being needed. I have been with our little agency just short of 25 years and hope to join the ranks of freshly retired next June. Of course, I will still have to work, but what the heck, fella has got to eat. And pay for toys. And have insurance. So I am absolutely new in here and hope to be a freshly designated owner of a new to me 2007 FJ in the very near future. We will see what the bank Says on Monday. Anyway, figured I would jump the gun a bit and get in here and poke around and see what I can learn, what to look out for, and what to not worry about. While I am new to the FJ world, I am not new to the off road world. Just my previous investment and time abductor was an old Jeep YJ that I rebuilt from the ground up. From what I already see, these are two very far apart vehicles, so please be patient with me as I will probably ask a bunch of questions and try to remember all the information. So, without further adieu, I will begin my quest searching through the mountains of intel in here and hope to learn something. So this is my hello, and my who I am. Hope to catch up with some of yall on a trail at some point. Oh, before I forget. Several things you will see, and I hope to never get apprehended by the Grammar Police or Spelling B deputies, but Not only I type faster than I can think, and sometimes invert words a bit, but I am a phonic speller. Therefore no amount of reading my misspelled words will clue me in to the fact that I have made an error. So please be gentle..... That is all..

Cheers!
Ray T

·
Premium Member
16,458 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Premium Member
2,681 Posts
Welcome from Oregon :smile

Kids are great when they are not teenagers :wink

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
Welcome Ray!

·
Admin
6,898 Posts
Welcome to the forum!
:cheers:

Post up some pics of your ride when you get it.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Hi Ray, welcome from central Ohio!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts