Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have been lurking a few months, created an account about 2 weeks ago, and figured I'd finally introduce myself now.

I live in central IL (salt capital of the lower 48?). I fully admit to being a total noob when it comes to the FJ Cruiser arena, but i am now trying to join the family. I've learned lots from the forums which, unfortunately, (or fortunately?) has made me want one more than ever!

So I will continue to read, learn lots from all of you knowledgable folks, keep my eyes open, and hopefully, sometime in the future, be able to post a picture once I finally find a nice FJ Cruiser for my garage.

Thanks for having such a great community!
SkidMarks71

MOAB SUPERSTAR
Greetings from the upper salt belt (VT)! Good luck on your search for a rust-free FJ (check AZ listings) 馃榿

Premium Member
Welcome aboard!

Registered
Hello and good luck. I am in Central IL also and found mine from Michigan. The former owner had taken it to Ziebart and had the diamond coat and spray undercoat done in the first couple years after it was new. Expensive the first time, but repeated yearly it is pretty cheap insurance. I got under it and cleaned up any spots before taking it in for the touch up. I think it is doing a good job. Definitely keeping salt from reaching the metal and easy to rinse off. Maybe others can speak to how well it works over time. I have only had mine since June so first Winter.

Registered
Hi SkidMarks71, welcome from central Ohio!
Good luck with your FJ search and find your perfect one.

Registered
Welcome from North Carolina! Anything south of the Mason Dixon line should get you away from salt and rust issues!

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
Appreciate all of the welcome messages!

I am still in the hunt, and will definitely update this when I find my perfect FJ!

Registered
Welcome from WA!

I'm sure you've seen this, but in case you haven't:

Good luck with the search (y)

Dan

1 - 13 of 13 Posts