Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This will be trip number 3. Posts on trips 1 & 2 are still up and can be viewed for info, photos and great compliments from those that have joined me before.

We will meet at McDonalds in Delta, CO at 10:00 AM on Monday July 16. We will visit deep canyons, high ridges, amazing vistas and a campsite that will take your breath away. There is little that will challenge those looking for technical, but 150 miles on dirt will do it for most. You will arrive in Ouray on Tuesday* dusty, tired, content and ready for lunch and a cold beer.

Did I forget to mention this trip is free? Yes it is, but I’ll take tips in good beer.

Who’s going:

Ace Brown and Kenda, ‘15 4Runner Trail with custom trailer, Cedaredge CO

Dan Plemons, ‘08 FJ Cruiser, Ridgway CO

Shawn Kaiser and Heather Brooke, 08 FJ Cruiser, Grand Junction, CO

*starting a day early so there is more time for me to find a campsite near town.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Joabmc and Adrift

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’d like to do it. Going to make it a priority this year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think you’ll like it and it’s stuff not far from Ridgway.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thre is a good chance I might make it. Put me in as a strong maybe. I ran it two years ago and really enjoyed it.

Noe, be great to have you back. Now that’s three going.

·
Admin
7,329 Posts
@Ace Brown
Any chance you are heading back out the same way after the Summit?

Or, could you give me some details on the trail for the wife and I to head out that way on the way out after Summit....
If not on this thread then I'll track ya down during the Summit :D :D

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
@Ace Brown
Any chance you are heading back out the same way after the Summit?

Or, could you give me some details on the trail for the wife and I to head out that way on the way out after Summit....
If not on this thread then I'll track ya down during the Summit :D :D

I think I have a track. Bad signal here. If you don’t see it soon remind me again.

Ace

Reactions: Winterpeg

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Just keeping this trip near the front burner. Speaking of which if we don’t get rain soon this may be the worst fire season here in decades. We had a series of thunderstorms roll through yesterday but very little rain. Typically the monsoons start in June which will help a lot with reducing this tinderbox state called Colorado.

Meanwhile let’s get some more signed up for this outstanding overnighter. Let’s call it a mini overlander.

Here’s some shots from last year.

Reactions: Winterpeg

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
It looks like some ten previous posts got deleted somehow. Ill have to reconstruct the first post. Those that signed up earlier please repost your plans. NOW THEY ARE BACK. WTF?

Tapatalk has really been doing strange stuff lately. Frequently double posting and now deleting posts. Behave stupid!

Ace

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bumping this back to the top so more can see it and hopefully join us.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Still trying to entice more to join us on this free dirt-every-day trip to the Summit. Did I mention free?

·
Admin
7,329 Posts
If I was going that way I would definitely be on this run!!

Sadly (not really) I'm doing Moab first :D

(thread stickied to keep it on the top)

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Today’s the day. Heading up to the cool Uncompahgre Plateau in three hours. It should be dry up there but as we get closer to Ouray we can expect rain and much cooler temps. I wish some of that rain would move down the valley. Mesa County (Grand Junction) just went from severe to extreme drought conditions.

Reactions: FatJohnson
1 - 16 of 16 Posts