Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know... I know... search function.... tried that.. I have some specific questions before I get in there and start messing around with wires...

I have a 2007 5AT with Rear Diff Lock.... no ATRAC switch yet, but I'm planning on adding one soon.

I want to do the hack where I use the Blue/Yellow wire inside the cab... I've located it, but now I just need to know how to proceed...

I have a switch, and wire. Do I just wire the switch directly inline without grounding it? I'm really not sure how to wire the switch, because most of the posts were very vague about this...

Also, when I do this hack and have the switch on to disable the VSC/Trac/ABS... will this affect the function of my Rear Diff lock or my ATRAC (once I add it)?

Any advice you can give would be great. Thanks! :cheers:

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
that's all well and good...except it's not the switch i have... I just have a basic 20A switch from radioshack....

and you don't show and actual diagram of how you tied this into a 12v source (from the fuse box?)... Your thread only shows pictures of the harness where the blue/yellow wire is....hence my confusion...

Basically I'm an idiot and need someone to map this out for me completely...

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There has to be someone who can show me how this is fed to a 12v source without being a smarta$$...

I'm a wiring newb, but capable of understanding things if it's shown to me clearly....

·
Registered
318 Posts
I did mine just the other day. I ran a piece of wire from the blue with yellow tracer to a switched twelve volt empty fuse space in the interior fuse panel. As far as running a separate switch to use for atrac I don't know. I bought the atrac switch.

·
Registered
318 Posts
If you are talking about running a switch in line with the 12 volt source to the blue/yellow wire, you would have to tap into it rather than completely emote the pin from the harness. Otherwise I don't. See a reason to run a switch online with the 12 volt source.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
If you want to learn some stuff, go here and read all of my how-to threads

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/member-build-ups/28524-ruebarbs-sun-fusion.html

Here is the fuse panel, get an add-a-fuse mini and plug it into one of the fuse slots marked with blue marked for the 12v.

This information has been moved (Click Link) due to the closing of contributing Member’s threads.

If you are using an illuminated switch you'll need to ground it.

You need to remove the kick panel on the driver’s side. Grab the top of the dead pedal and pull it toward you.

Unscrew the plastic nut, then grab the plastic kick panel that is to the left of the nut and pull it towards you.

A black (ground) will be connected to the ground point under the driver side kick panel1. If you look under the mess of wires, you’ll see the factory ground bolt. Attach a ring terminal to a piece of 18 gauge black wire and leave sufficient length to reach switch.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts