Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
Are you sure it was stolen? Mine came off on a trail. I heard a weird noise and didn't know what it was then later that day I noticed the radio antenna was gone and thought "So that's what that noise was..." I replaced mine with a stubby antenna and I periodically tighten it, they tend to loosen on their own.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Hi I'm in St George. Any recommendations on replacing factory antenna. Maybe one that cannot be removed so easily?

Thank you.

PS Any one going to the Summit next week? I'll be there.
I tried a stubby but the signal was spotty. If you have xm radio, then go for it. In fact, I may have my stubby available for a good deal ($10) if you want. AntennaX brand I believe. Otherwise, maybe some Loctite would keep your next model from getting loose. On second thought, just get the Offroad Garage snorkle without the antenna hole and you won't miss it.

·
Admin
6,704 Posts
Mine loosened off and eventually disappeared as well.

Pretty sure it was a branch that was the final straw.

I stick to local FM radio (reception is fine for inside the city without the antenna) and my XM radio now.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
must be nice to live in a place with good radio stations. dallas is so bereft of good radio that I have been using bluetooth and podcasts since moving here. that being said, if my antenna falls off I'll send it to you.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
My first antenna was taken by a bird on the interstate, then the cheap stubby replacement went AWOL while driving as well. My third (and hopefully final) antenna solution is a little unique. I bought a CB/AM/FM multiplexer and routed all of my radio signals through the CB antenna that I already had installed on the rear. Working great so far.

·
Admin
6,704 Posts
My first antenna was taken by a bird on the interstate, then the cheap stubby replacement went AWOL while driving as well. My third (and hopefully final) antenna solution is a little unique. I bought a CB/AM/FM multiplexer and routed all of my radio signals through the CB antenna that I already had installed on the rear. Working great so far.
That's cool... link?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Don't bother with a stubby. I had one on for a while and went back to the full length factory unit. I drive the same route a lot and usually listen to the same couple of FM stations. The reception for the stubby was terrible. Lost about 20 miles of range on several stations.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts