Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,396 Posts
I personally hate ipods or anything that i have to carry and all that. I really LOVE the sync radios on fords and lincoln by microsoft. I am trying to get my hand on one since they are hassle free or what do you think ?? Has anyone heard of them on the market??
Back 2 you INI SLDR, i agree with you about the ipod, i would like something like the sync :thefinger:

·
Registered
11 Posts
If I created a custom built iPod holder for the console that looked like it was stock (ie black/silver) plastic and had the same style as the side of the dash and would securely hold the iPod to the right of the gear selector, would anyone buy it?

What about including an additional 12v outlet with it? I'm toying with the idea of building it, but I might make more that one.

Also check my FJ cruiser Xmas ornament on the eBay parts listing. section or check out seller newrulelambo, you'll get a kick out of it.

-Ryan

·
Registered
416 Posts
I looked at an Ipod, then decided to buy a PSP. I got audio, as well as video, games, internet, etc, all in one device.

I travel for work so this was a help too.

The best part is, I can plug the thing into the car and have movies/music/etc at my fingertips. I just buy memory cards when I need more storage. I'm very happy with a device that does everything I need in one, without a phone in it.

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
I got a good one, kinda big though. black fabric, holds about 500 shiney disks. work great with the fjammer. like 6 at a time fit.
Yeah, me too. About 7 hours of mp3 on 1 disk X 6 = over 40 hours of music in the FJammer.

·
Premium Member
3,401 Posts
Cowon D2 is all I can say.
Plays video at 30fps, has FM, is touch screen(fingers do work), has SD slot for upto 32GB of extra music/video, Macromedia flash player, Alarm, 52hr music/10hr video battery life, A/V out....I love it, way better then any I-Donkey......and plenty of upto date firmware upgrades.. works with all OS

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
I've been a big Apple supporter (I used to build Mac LC's way back when, some are still running). I turned anti-Apple/iPod when I bought a video ipod for my wife last Christmas and went through the "fun" of setting it up just to use it. Never again.

I buy whatever MP3 players are on sale, and I go through them a lot since I use them when I MTB or mow the lawn and they abused alot. Really can't complain or tell the diference in sound quality, but use and setup is a whole lot easier than iPod and that makes it worth it to me...

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
Funny thing about mp3's on disc. Holding 6 discs makes for about 300+/- songs. The wife is complaining that she has no way of knowing whats in the dash already and its a royal PITA to shuffle through until you either find the right disc, or find that its not in the dash and then go looking for it in the wallet. Not a fan ( the complaining, not the mp3 part).

Funny thing too is that almost all of the other players have 3x's the features of the ipod, and yet the ipod is out selling everything. Pay more, get less. Huh? No radio, voice recorder, alarms, etc... Is seeing the name of the song on the dash that important to people? Tucking out of sight into the glove box???

If I was sitting in an office all day and could polish my iphone, while eating my cupcake it would be a great little toy. ( Just did a remodel for a big company and saw this first hand, power point presentations and cupcakes go hand in hand) No offense to the office dwellers.

Now the real annoying part. Just went to Best Buy, Compusa, Office Depot etc and all they carry is the ipod!!!
They have the Nano, its little sister, brother, wide body, waterproof, etc... The only non ipod was the sandisk and it looked very undesirable.

Some of these ipods don't even have a screen and they are still flying off the shelves???

My final gripe about the Ipod is Itunes. I downloaded it to check it out and it completely hijacked my whole music collection. It cut the usable space on my hard drive almost in half. I had no idea it was going to make a copy of EVERYTHING into its own folder. Maybe I could have configured it differently, I don't know. I am still lookiong for a good program to organize my music. Windows Media Player seems completely dysfuctional. Winamp is cool but my wife saw the " Holiday Dancer" and that was the end of that. What is everybody else using???

·
Premium Member
2,753 Posts
I've been a big Apple supporter (I used to build Mac LC's way back when, some are still running). I turned anti-Apple/iPod when I bought a video ipod for my wife last Christmas and went through the "fun" of setting it up just to use it. Never again.

I buy whatever MP3 players are on sale, and I go through them a lot since I use them when I MTB or mow the lawn and they abused alot. Really can't complain or tell the diference in sound quality, but use and setup is a whole lot easier than iPod and that makes it worth it to me...

You hate macs because you couldn't figure out how to setup an iPod? That's like saying I hate penzoil because I had a hard time figuring out how to change my oil.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience. I am a born-again mac user. I converted from PC-anity a little over a year ago and have never looked back. I hate the mac vs. pc debate, it's like religion or politics, maybe other peoples business isn't as bad as we think it is just because it's different. Apple has never crossed me, and even my computer illiterate wife is comfortable on the mac. We just bought our 5th iPod in 5 years. One got beat up pretty bad (15 gig), but still worked fine when I sold it to my sister, One my nephew sprayed with the hose (30 gig photo). The Nano was seriously abused until I think I killed it. My wifes shuffle works awesome. She won't let me open the new 160 gig video until Christmas. My opinion of the iPod is that they are very durable. (even working landscaping jobs, snowboarding, hiking, mtn biking, etc...) I dropped the photo on the middle of a ski run and didn't realize until I was at the bottom. It was a miracle someone found it and actually turned it in. It was pretty scratched up but worked flawlessly until the hose got it.

There are other options out there than iPod. If they work better for your application, why not? If apple makes the better product why not buy it? If we are inventing moral issues with big computer companies then shame on all of you microsoft supporters. :):):):)

·
Registered
139 Posts
I use an Apple laptop. I have liked Apple/Mac products for a long time even though PC's have some advantges...

I think iPod was the worst thing Apple created for many reasons. One thing about ipod bothers me more than anything;

No ON/Off button (was that hard for a hard drive to have a reboot button?)
Ipod carshes and freezes all the time and when it does, guess what? You CANNOT reboot it.. NO on/off button. Leave it on for hours until it runs out of battery. (I've tried everything). One evening when I was out on a date, my ipod crashed right after she got into my car.. we had to listen to the Smooth "Jazz" (it's anything but Jazz) station the whole evening (elevator music stuff...:disgust: ); I should be able to sue Apple just for that!

I also don't like the fact that it's not very versatile (it can only sync with your own itune); ipod-itune is always a one way street. (shouldn't that be illegal?)

I own an ipod video (30.0 Gig) and I cannot imgine switching to anything else for one simple reason, everything that is built out there is made for ipod...

And that's the bad part....

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
I use an Apple laptop. I have liked Apple/Mac products for a long time even though PC's have some advantges...

I think iPod was the worst thing Apple created for many reasons. One thing about ipod bothers me more than anything;

No ON/Off button (was that hard for a hard drive to have a reboot button?)
Ipod carshes and freezes all the time and when it does, guess what? You CANNOT reboot it.. NO on/off button. Leave it on for hours until it runs out of battery. (I've tried everything). One evening when I was out on a date, my ipod crashed right after she got into my car.. we had to listen to the Smooth "Jazz" (it's anything but Jazz) station the whole evening (elevator music stuff...:disgust: ); I should be able to sue Apple just for that!

I also don't like the fact that it's not very versatile (it can only sync with your own itune); ipod-itune is always a one way street. (shouldn't that be illegal?)

I own an ipod video (30.0 Gig) and I cannot imgine switching to anything else for one simple reason, everything that is built out there is made for ipod...

And that's the bad part....
sounds like you are bashing something you dont know how to use.

·
Registered
672 Posts
I had an Ipod Video for about 2 months and just did not like how it could not load up most of my vids and I had to convert almost all my music files for them to be uploaded to the Ipod thru Itunes... I I I I .... I had it with it... so I switched to Creative Zen Vision M and am loving it... the Vids are clear and Crisp and so are the pictures... and no conversion needed for anything.
I'm lovin it! (wait isn't that the McDs jingle?)

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
I forgot to mention. If you're into lossless format like ogg, the X5 is one of the few that can handle that. If you have a nice pair of headphones, you can hear the difference. With the FJ, you probably can't tell 320 from 126.

·
Registered
704 Posts
I love my Zune. The new ones are even better.

·
Premium Member
16,793 Posts
Anyone else get a kick out of the people on this forum that are saying they dislike this and that about the iPod and itunes sucks and all this, THEN they own an iPod. That would be like me saying " Man, scientology is soooo stupid. It is so wrong and i hate it. By the way i give them 10% of my paycheck."

I am an avid mac user after being an avid PC user. Macs are not for everyone. I'm ok with that. I just think, after having compared both, that macs are easier to use and integrate well with what i need a computer for. Now if microsoft didn't have such a hold on business softwarre so that i could use my MAC at work then id be a happy camper.
hijack over

·
Premium Member
1,957 Posts
I'm not anti-iPod but I've had a DELL AXIM (branded Compaq IPac) since before iPods, Not only does it play excellent quality songs, video, its wireless, browse the Internet, play games, email and pretty much everything the iPhone does and more with the exception of making phone calls and it is actually running Windows Mobile OS.

I have no need for an iPod.

Oh and with the CF & SD card slots my storgage is not only huge but expandable.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I thought this was an anti-ipod thread not an "I LOVE MY iPOD". We didn't mean to offend the ipod nation (hey, I am an ipod/apple/macintosh citizen too). What's so good about bashing threads like this one (besides making some feel "they know it all"), is that a few people share their knowledge defending their precious toy so we all learn something... so far I haven't read any responses to the ipod issues I mentioned earlier. I was just told I didn't know ** about ipods.:fight:...:lol:

iPods are awesome,
ipod are cool maybe not awsome! (IMO)

it's iTunes that iSucks...
Ditto!

Cheers

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
iPods are awesome, it's iTunes that iSucks. Luckily, you don't HAVE to use iTunes.
Not that it would change my mind, but is this true???
I had heard about not being able to use other peoples itunes b/c of the sync issue....but you don't have to use it at all????

21 - 40 of 45 Posts