Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys:

I am a newbie but I have a rather nice 2011 FJ and I want to keep it. My last truck was stolen and I had the "so called" state of the art alarm security system. The police officer who came to take a report told me they get by the alarms in two seconds. Any suggestions? (Shotgun -only kidding):cheers:

·
Registered
434 Posts
I have a GPS tracking devices in my 2010 FJ plus a sherlock both installed, windows are etch to indicate this.

·
Registered
263 Posts
canýt disclose much you''l have to put a hidden switch in your car connected 2 a relay connected to the fuel pump or anything crutial fot the proper start of the engine that's what i did

best thing ver i can send u a private message on some basic instructions i did it myself takes 30 hour if done right

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
canýt disclose much you''l have to put a hidden switch in your car connected 2 a relay connected to the fuel pump or anything crutial fot the proper start of the engine that's what i did

best thing ver i can send u a private message on some basic instructions i did it myself takes 30 hour if done right
30 hours?!

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Ravelco! It's a great anti-theft device. They claim, "Not one vehicle ever stolen."
I bought the set-up for my truck and couldn't be happier. I also have a personal boot for the tire, called Alpha lock.
Ravelco
AlphaLock
It's overkill but I love my truck and want to keep it!!

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
i figure if someone really really wants your truck, they'll get it one way or another. i just make sure my insurance is paid

·
Registered
341 Posts
i figure if someone really really wants your truck, they'll get it one way or another. i just make sure my insurance is paid
TRUE DAT!:rocker:

·
Banned
1,667 Posts
That's what I said... In another thread and got flamed!

If someone wants my car more then I do they can have it.

I can always buy a new one and build it better

·
Premium Member
9,038 Posts
That's what I said... In another thread and got flamed!

If someone wants my car more then I do they can have it.

I can always buy a new one and build it better
I feel the same way. While I don't want it happen, but if it did.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Seriously, I'm the first one to suggest this out of all the wise guys/gals here?

... besides the "Trunk Monkey", I'd do a very well hidden ignition kill switch.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi Guys:

I cannot find my original post but I took someone's advice and installed a REVELCO anti theft system in my new 2011 FJ. This device is awesome. Last night someone tried to steal it. They completely destroyed the steering column. But the Revelco protected it. It is sickening that this happened my FJ:rocker: is 9 days old.

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
Hi Guys:

I cannot find my original post but I took someone's advice and installed a REVELCO anti theft system in my new 2011 FJ. This device is awesome. Last night someone tried to steal it. They completely destroyed the steering column. But the Revelco protected it. It is sickening that this happened my FJ:rocker: is 9 days old.
talk about instinct? eh?

·
Registered
394 Posts
I still think a homemade hidden switch that kills the power to the fuel pump is the best. Theifs know how to get around most alarm systems, but they don't konw where you;ve hidden a switch. You can use a fog light switch, or even better use several switches that need to be set in the right on/off positions to complete the circuit.

I prefer a dog :rocker:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts